TAT bodycandy.com?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dbdraggin, Nov 1, 2004.

1. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

i saw them mentioned in another topic here and wondered if anyone else has dealt with them... there stuff is ridiculously cheep and the stuff they have that im interested in (straight barbells) is labeled as stainless steel.

is guess what im wondering is there different types of ss used in piercings? i know theres different grades used for other applications but is the stuff they sell any good?

and how is it possible that their stuff is so much cheaper than everyone elses online? im just concerned cuz i have a relatively new tongue piercing and i dont wanna risk anything since its healed so well thus far... dont wanna get it infected and then have it go to my brain and kill me ya know! :mamoru:

anyone? thanks in advance! :wavey:

2. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

I didn't notice it on the front page but you should check if they use internal thread jewellry too. External threads can damage the piercing when being inserted and its generally a good indication that the jewellry is cheap.

3. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I would like to know as well

4. grnstreak

grnstreak New Member

i've used bodycandy to buy my wife some things. we usually order titanium if possible, but we haven't had any problems with their jewelry at all. We also bought the "Tiggler", it's AWESOME! :kdubb:

5. StonerWoCause

StonerWoCause New Member

i bought 4 things from them, all ive had in for quite some time now, they stuff is really good quality, all the stuff i bought had the the threads on the inside of the balls, i bought two 10 gauge CBRs, hoop with a hematie ball, and a 16 gauge CBR for my eye, all are really nice, and i think i spent like 15 including shipping on all of them.

they are a liscensed dealer of Playboy jewelry and NFL liscensed too, so i doubt they are going to sell a lot of crap.

I really like all the stuff i had, it all looks really good and comes sealed in seperate bags and everything.

I deff recommend

6. StonerWoCause

StonerWoCause New Member

the stuff looks just like anything i have ever gotten at any tattoo studio and at less than half the cost too.

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

lets not start the whole IT/ET war again. in the end, if the piercing is healed, the threading does not matter.

Does my ET Titanium make it cheap jewelery? No, not really.

+ you have way more options with ET

8. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

ok, whats the difference between ET and IT? the barebell i currently have in my tongue has threads on the bar and the ball just screws on, so which is that?

im mean the threads are external on the bar but internal on the ball, maybe im looking into this too deep but could someone really explain this?

9. CyberBullets

ET = threads on outside of the bar, threads on inside of end pieces
    IT = threads on inside of the bar, threads on outside of end pieces.

10. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

oh, so it refers to the threading on the bar and not on the end piece... makes sense now thanks

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

after looking on their website, it states that they use "316L surgical grade SS" and "solid titanium". if they're using good quality titanium they should at least list what type it is, and they should be using 316LVM for all of their stainless jewelry. alot of their navel stuff has 925 sterling attachments which arent very good at all and just by looking id say most if not all of their jewelry is externally threaded(which doesnt make a difference in a fully healed piercing if inserted properly)

PS. StonerWoCause - just because someone sells 'licensed jewelry' doesnt mean they arent selling crap. our shop purchased many of the licensed playboy products and upon receiving them i promptly sent them back because they are CRAP! many of the navel rings wont fit into a navel unless there is less than 3/16" of skin.

12. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

great, i just finish ordering from them... fuck

13. machine81

machine81 New Member

I just ordered something from them too. Just a couple SS 12g CBRs. I have a healed piercing and it's a CBR so threading isn't an issue. I'll let everyone know the quality of them when I get them in 2-3 days.

Alimighty Buttons - What does the VM stand for on the 316LVM? What's the difference? I've never heard of it.

14. StonerWoCause

StonerWoCause New Member

I totally agree, the stuff i got was very nice, and it has been in for a while with out removing except for cleaning and what not, still looks as good and shinny as they i got them. i will continue to buy stuff from there, because i dont want to pay 16-18 dollars per piece of jewelry from a piercing place, or from hot topic where they sell half of the stuff you can get anywhere else, and none of the stuff that i want.

Toungestud.com also good stuff for pretty eniexpensive, not a cheap as body candy but still pretty cheap.

15. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

well 316 is the type of steel, the LVM is L for low carbon and the VM is for vacuum melting. VM is the process of melting the steel in a vacuum which reduces outside contaminants. basically making it more pure.

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

because you would rather use lower quality jewelry. makes alot of sense :ugh2:

17. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

16 to 18 seems pretty cheap, ive seen and heard of stuff from anywhere between 20+ to 35 just for barbells... wish i lived in cali then

18. CyberBullets

i pay $40 for my titanium. my piercer sells them for $45-60 depending on the pieces.

i know my piercer has sent TONS of shitty quality jewelery back. lots of wholesalers like to hype their shitty products.

19. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

thanks for everyones input and to almighty buttons and cyber bullets for the information about lvm and the difference between types of threadings...

20. NoName

NoName Guest

i don't think it is an indication that it is cheap i have $51 labrets that are external, and they are far from cheap. i think it has to do with prefrence

21. CyberBullets

just cause its $51 doesnt nessicarily mean its great quality.

22. machine81

machine81 New Member

I just got my 12g CBRs from bodycandy.com. So far everything is above board. They were shipped hella fast and seem just like every other CBR I've had. So far my ear isn't green or infected. I paid $10.47 for the pair with express shipping. You can't beat that. If you're piercing is new to the point where it's still bloody you might want to go with the 316VLM, but if you're just going for something cool looking or a little stretching I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch (or pay 5 times the price) for VLM.