TAT Body mods in the workplace

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bapesta, Apr 28, 2004.

1. bapesta

bapesta New Member

How accepted are body mods in your workplace environment? I know that my boss isn't too happy with my tragus and made me cover it up with a band-aid. If only the corporate field can accept that some of us like to be different. :hs:

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Where I work now doesn't care.. I work for the university, late night so it's not a problem. However, most places have been not too accepting of visible mods, ESPECIALLY facial piercings.

3. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

4. johngalt1998

johngalt1998 Guest

If you want your 'workplace environment' to be any sort of white coller field, it does not fly. Yeah we have the occansional chick with an eybrow or small leg tat, but overall, your going to seem 'non-professional' and you won't advance very far.

The 'corporate envrionment' does not give a shit about you as a person and you wanting to be "different", they care about what kind of $ you can bring them. You are either making them money, saving them money, or deadweight. Sorry but thats the facts of life. I know there are exceptions to each company being more accepting than others, but i'm talking in general. Deal with it or find something else to do.

5. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

it's not just white collar. it's service jobs as well. most people want to trust the person serving them food, fixing their car, troubleshooting their computer, etc. studies show that people with tattoos, piercings, and even facial hair are judged less trustworthy at first glance than those who have a clean cut appearance. if i could stay technical and continue to make good enough money, i'd love that. i could stay in the back, or hide in the wiring closet, and never be seen. i'll hire some pretty girl to stand up front and tell people what i fixed, and how much it costs them.

6. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I work for ALLTEL's call center, we have to dress a little dressier than business casual...I have plenty of piercings, short purple/dark red hair. I know I will never get a promotion while I look like this, the upper-management told me that. Granted, my clothes probably cost 3 times as much as the majority of the girls in there, I am more friendly, and I never mix myself with office drama...but my piercings are holding me back. Oh well.

7. Dr3w321

Dr3w321 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely

I only gotta cartilage piercing at the moment, and I was actually forced into doing it cuz its a male work thing :)

I'll probably take it out once I go into a different field, or move up etc.

I work in a hospital kitchen btw. Not very high class or anything, but it is a good job for an 18 year old in college :)

8. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

I'm a finance officer for a trucking company. Luckily my bosses have tattoos and their kids who work here are my age and have tattoos. I used to have a couple of blue streaks through my hair ... now it's just my tongue and 4 tattoos, but no one cares.