body for life

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by cipriani, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BB Curve: BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Anyone done it? I read the book last week and practiced some of the routines and eating plans. I already feel a difference. Im officially starting on monday so in 12 weeks ill be posting pics i guess.

www.bodyforlife.com

P.s. My brother gave mes the book and the only reason im doing it is because i saw him go through the transformation and ive been envying the fucker for the last 3 years or so... He's in very good shape while im... Not so much

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

If you are just starting out and have no fucking idea what you're doing in the gym or in the kitchen, its a good start. It organizes everything for you so you don't need to rely on yourself to gather the information. Most noobs want to over-complicate and start out in a full sprint (figuratively) in the gym. You gotta walk before you run.

3. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

ive actually lifted weights on and off all my life. i just let myself go over the last two years blaming it on work and stuff.

4. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

I used the general workout principles from it (cardo/lifting three days a week, upper body twice, lower body once one week, vice-versa the next) when I first started out about 8.5 years ago. I also learned a lot about nutrition from that book, and that knowledge is the basis for what I know now. I never followed the intensity sequence he has in there, but the underlying fact that your workouts have to be intense to be worth a shit was learned. And my workout program certainly hasn't been only 12 weeks.

I'll echo what the others have said in that it's a great beginner's book that will lay a good foundation of knowledge and practice.

5. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

awesome. i start on monday.

ive been on the program unofficially since wednesday, trying out the food schedule and the workout routines... fucking up of course but i got it and on monday im starting full throttle with it.

6. Mogul

Mogul New Member

It's a great program for beginners. Good luck!

7. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

well ive been on it for 2 weeks now. I dont know if i have lost any weight yet and dont want to weigh myself because if i havent i may be disappointed LOL.

I'll tell you what though. I wake up now at 6am and go to the gym for either 20 minutes or 45 minutes. When i come back home i have enough time to make myself an 'authorized' breakfast, check my email, play rainbow 6 online (2 or 3 games) and then even get to work 30 minutes early.

Also I have a lot more energy.. whereas before I would get out of work and be tired as fuck, now i get out and im really not that wore out. Interesting how what you eat really has such an effect on your mood and state of mind. I also havent been getting the 4:30pm coffee and sweets cravings anymore.

I'm going to take pics every two weeks so i can track progression.

Oh yeah the intensity of my workouts arent Level 10 yet. Ive been trying to move up in the intensity gradually since my first week I did 1 or 2 exercises in Level 10 and I was sore for a really long time because I havent lifted in so long.... I also have a herniated disk in my neck so i gotta chill with anything that involves lifting weights above my head...

8. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

yes i do have a log. its in excell.

9. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

its good for now, it will teach you structure and discipline. It will also help you get in shape and build some muscle, once your there though , piss on it in a fire and get into some real bodybuidling ;)

10. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

ok im almost done with week 4. So far I have only missed one workout day and it was on the saturday of the 2nd week. aside from that, ive been religiously following the workouts as well as the eating.

my co-workers have started noticing the change and have all been asking about it, also my family has noticed as well as some friends. sometimes i feel like im eating too much or things that are borderline good but i guess its working out for me.

My starting weight was 228 and I weighed myself last sunday and it came out to 217, so i have lost 10 pounds for sure. Also, i dont have as much of a blurby body and now im looking square again. Ive been able to fit into a couple of dress pants I stopped wearing a long time ago.

the shit is working.

11. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

Good work. Keep it up. :bigthumb:

12. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Wow nice job.

13. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

That looks decent i guess...

But there is no squat, or deadlifts in it... And as OT knows, those are the two most important of core strength exercises.

14. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

excellent program for beginners, and just modify it to fit your goals once you outgrow the basic program.

15. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

fair enough, i just went to the basic 'weight training' page. Didn't see any.

16. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

yes there is squats and deadlifts. i use the smith machine for the squats because i go to the gym at 6am and i just dont have a spotter. i know its not the ideal thing to do but i got a job to go to and i cant risk fucking myself up. and yes you can do squats without a spotter but i just dont want to take any risks. I'm losing weight and the program is working but im not really looking to bulk up and get humongous.

17. thelasik

thelasik New Member

looks like you are making progress. good luck bro!

18. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Does your gym not have a squat rack? Put the bars in the inserts to protect yourself.

19. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

there is a squat rack. i suppose i could use it..... this week is legs week so i might jump on that.

20. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

yes. I wake up at 6am and go to the gym. cardio days im out before 7am because he says only to do 20 minutes. weight days im out around 7:30 tops.

i wait exactly 1 hour after the end of my sessions before eating breakfast... and i am a simple guy so i eat the same thing every morning lawl. i make an "all whites" omellette with chopped onions and chopped red/green peppers, salt, pepper and pam cooking juice. 1 whole wheat toast and 2 slices of ham (fried) and sometimes some cottage cheese on the toast.

I have been watching what i eat a lot and ive made very few mistakes. i feel kinda guilty today.. its my free day so i had BK double whopper with cheese and a coke, go king. also a hershey's pie, and a snickers ice cream and twix ice cream..... i know i pigged out but ive been holding out all week for it.... now i have a crazy headache and my face is flushed i shouldnt have done that.

im 5'11"

21. Leedguitar

Leedguitar New Member

Congrats man! I did the BFL thing about 6 months ago and it helped a lot. I'm one of those 6'4 guys who weighs 190 on a fat day, so it was nice to see me gain muscle. I'll be honest that I haven't done anything in months since work + college + baby = little time for anything else. I still am aiming to get back into it soon. I felt great actually eating right and working out. I had so much more energy and slept like a baby. Now, I feel run down all day and sleep like crap.

Kudos on the hard work!

22. SteveNC

SteveNC Member

I'm doing it too. I'm only in my 4th week and have not seen any real weight loss. I'm 5'11" and weigh 216. The water is worse thing about it. I call it Bathroom for life.

23. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

dude we're both in the same week then. Did you take before pics?

24. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:bigthumb:

Alot of people trying to "diet" don't realize they're eating more than they think. Gotta spread out your cals more, and pick lower-cal food.

25. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

what's fitday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.