BMW Z4 M Spy pics + info

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mountain Dude, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

I posted it in the main forum, but I figured I'd give you guys the better version.

[​IMG]

As can be seen from these shots from Nürburgring, BMW is about to bring out a hot M version of the Z4.

According to rumours, the Z4 M Roadster will make its debut at the January 2004 Detroit Motor Show, most likely featuring either a V-8 engine delivering 350 hp or an in-line six delivering 343 hp from the current M3.

The Z4 M can be distinguished from the standard model by its big front skirt with large air intakes and four exhaust pipes. During the high-speed tests at Nürburgring, the pictured prototype is using different alloy wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mountain Dude

Thats what the Z5 will be.

3. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

4. Type R Boy

Type R Boy Guest

5. modena

modena OT Supporter

looks semi OK

6. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Now if they would just make it beautiful rather than the fugly :bangled: POS that it is. Gawd its hideous!

7. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

:ugh: I bow down to cars worthy of it. This, is not one.

8. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Thanks Mountain Dude! I hate it, but it was a cool read nonetheless!

9. curiousgeorgeM3

It would spank the crap out of any Volvo.

10. Mountain Dude

Its looks aren't that good in many peoples opinion, but I guarantee you it will be an amazing performance car.

11. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

:hahano:
    Any? I'll keep it simple, that vs S60R in the snow. :slap:

I do not care about looks. And I'm not doubting it having amazing performance. It's just this is not really something to go ga-ga over. This isn't something that is going to be revolutionary or something new in the market. There are a lot of sport coupes out there, and IMO, the Corvette will always be top. The C5 with the magnetic suspension, loads of power, pure muscle, fun driving, and easy to drive around town for 45k.
    The only thing BMW has that is "worthy" is the E39 M5, Z8(inc Alpina) and the E38 7.

And seriously, 76k USD for a BMW Coupe? A new Viper is 83k and beating Porsche GT2.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  12. curiousgeorgeM3

First of all, who fucking cares how a performance/sports car (which Volvo is neither of IMO)performs in the snow/rain. Everytime a 4-wheel drive/quattro-nazi uses this defense I :rofl: my ass off.

13. curiousgeorgeM3

Yes, I understand that and for a conversation where the main point revolves around daily driving then this is a relevant defense. But when you are discussing the pure sporting performance of a car, for me that would be racing or driving on a closed course track as this is solely how I measure the performace of sport/performance cars, the "It can take you in the snow or rain" defense is fucking ghey.

14. Mountain Dude

I'm confused about the 76K BMW coupe? Which car is that?

15. curiousgeorgeM3

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to confuse him with too many questions at once.

16. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

UHHH! Let's see, £45,000 = $76,000USD. Does that make sense? Either way, a Corvette would still take it for grands less.
    And fine, since you did say 'any' Volvo, the 96 BTCC winner, A Volvo with a s/c V8.. the list goes on. Don't even start crap with a V8 Volvo not counting because it uses a different power plant.
    I cannot stand BMW owners because their car has to be the best. They cannot take any arguement against their car because then they will realize it's not the greatest thing. I don't even want to argue. I have fun in my Volvo, you have fun in your M3.
    A lot of people care. You live in CA. I don't think you ever have to worry about snow like 70% of the country does. No RWD sports car can go anywhere in the snow. I'm saying that AWD>RWD.
    Wow, are you a comedian? That was really not funny.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  17. Mountain Dude

Okay, I see where you got the number from, somehow I doubt that its going to be that expensive, I would bet that it will be somewhere along the same price range as the current M3, but we'll see.

18. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

If it even comes to market.

19. Mountain Dude

Exactly.

20. curiousgeorgeM3

OK where do I start??

And I also hate people that hate on BMWs simply because they happen to be some of the best engineered and, yes, most loved cars in the world today or because they don't happen to like the stereotypical owner. The stereotypical Porsche owner is a complete prick but I still respect Porsche's cars as well as reserve my judgement of their owners to that basd on in-person experiences. I'm sorry that your beloved Volvos don't garner the same attnetion and following that BMWs do.....I really am...but you cannot deny that even with the questionable Bangle-designs they are still among the few car companies left in the world that truely innovate rather than immitate.

I do not think my car is or has to be the best......far from it when you see what Porsche and Ferrari are producing. There are plenty of cars that out perform mine, just none that have any ties to Sweden. I have much respect and admiration for autos produced by Porsche, Lambo, MB, Ferrari, just to name a few.
    Again, as I said above, my comparisons here and in most discussions are based on performance or competitive driving. Most people would never race or compete in the snow nor would they consider such conditions to be ideal for measuring a car's true potential, from that end, who cares whether the car in question can perform in those conditions. This thread is about a performance car and the kind of performance it would produce should it see showroom floors. No one buying a roadster of any make is going to care whether or not you can drive it in the snow, thus your AWD comparison means nada. Now if you were to say that an AWD Volvo may hold some advantage to the M Roadster in cornering grip which would translate to faster cornering speeds, that might hold merit in a perofrmance oriented conversation. Then again, I did recently witness a factory tuned RS6 lose grip and spin out in turn 2 at Laguna Seca while it was being pressured from behind by 2 PTG M3s. Quattro-what???

No I am not but yes, as your screen name states, you are a virus on this forum and one of the least missed should you happen to disappear IMO. Thanks for playing.

21. curiousgeorgeM3

:rofl:

22. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

The black and white camouflaged pic looks beastly! :eek:

23. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Porsche makes true driving enjoyment. Their cars are 2nd to none.
    Volvo has a good following. Some of the most loyal people who drive nothing else. BMW obviously had nothing impressive when my parent's were shopping for cars in 1978.
    You know very well I wasn't comparing your car to true super cars available to only a lucky few. I respect Mercedes, Porsche, Lotus, Jag, most any European car company, but not BMW. I don't expect any Volvo to out perform you. I just know that Volvo owners are not buying an image. . You buy the BMW name more than anything.
    I'm not talking performance driving. I'm saying that if a person in a Z4 M needed to go to Aspen for vacation, they would be stuck in shit for the most part. The Z4 isn't as capable of a car as a AWD car would be.
    *golf clap* That's great, that really is.
    OHHHH! hahahahahah!!! Wow, just wow. You are making my stomach split at your originality. That's right, I'm a virus, and your the dead monkey.

:down:

24. newboundguy

newboundguy Guest

:squint: :squint: :squint:
    Who in their right mind would take ANY roadster to aspen or any (snow/icy)vacation spot?
    I wouldn't take a lotus elise anywhere near snow either, or the MB SLK, nor Boxster. Your argument has no value because you are trying to make something do what it was not intended of doing.

If you said an AWD car(Sedan) is better than another sedan, that's RWD, i'd agree.

The s60R is a great car for the money, but let's compare apples to apples.

25. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

fuck the v8 that thing NEEDS to have the m3's inline 6....

v8 would make that thing too fucking heavy ....

i'd rather have the 343 hp i6!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.