BMW w/ Supra Engine

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris87, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Years ago another tuner in Saskatchewan swapped an Mk3 Supra 7M-GTE engine into an '89 E34 535i.

Then recently on some of the local boards, we've heard rumors of an 8 second... Yes.... 8 second car with an mk4 2JZ-GTE supra engine getting swapped in. They were trying to keep it hush hush. From what we gathered, who ever was building it, didn't have a fucking clue, other than thinking "the more money we throw into the engine, the faster it will be".... $8000+ HKS stroker kit was just the tip of the iceberg of the mods that were supposed to be put into this engine.

Then a couple days ago, we finally found what car this supra engine was going into.... :hsugh:

http://www.bmwregina.ca/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=21

2. eightiesfan

eightiesfan New Member

Creative, but why put that motor in that chassis?

3. Chris87

I have no idea.

From what i've gathered, its a rich asian kid. I don't know about everywhere else, but up here, families from Japan send there kids over here for school, and basically give them a blank check. They all spend ridiculous amounts of money on vehicles, get their degree's, and then leave.

And apparently the one I posted isn't this "super fancy 8 second BMW", its some other one (That makes 3 supra powered bmw's in a city of 200k people). We're now hearing that the 8 second one has an SMG tranny, and some guy from HKS is comming here to tune it.

4. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

i would do it if it was not that costly. i can get a front clip from a 2JZ for about 4k. i would love to do this if someone could make a cheap plug and play.

5. kubla khan

kubla khan Guest

I remember seeing pictures of the 7M-GTE powered E34 535i, cool car.

anyways, crazy canadians.

6. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

:mamoru: i second that

7. Chris87

It'll never happen.

8. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

let me rephraze it, i would love to do it if they could make a plug and play system for the ECU. the front clip would not be that bad and a carbon fiber driveshaft wouldn't be that bad either. engine mounts aren't that much different but what i would need is the hook up to the ecu. a stand alone system is just too much and makes it cost the big bucks.

9. Chris87

If you can't rewire an engine harness you shouldn't be swapping Toyota engines into BMW's.

Likewise, a $2000 Standalone system isn't going to increase the total budget of the swap by that much.

10. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

So you are willing to do this? as far as swaps, it really isn't that hard. as far as an extra 2k, it does make it that much more. i can buy motor/tranny/ecu for about $4k from a supra. that is about what i can get out of my motor and tranny. from there, i would figure another $600 for driveshaft and another $2k in labor. so a stand alone would almost double the cost. so ya, it is a big deal.

11. Chris87

If someone is going to pony up the $$$, then of course. Money will buy you ANYTHING.

You know this b/c you've done one 1st hand already?

And how are you going to mount it? Which subframe are you going to use? Rad? downpipe & exhaust? axles? Brakes? Suspension? Mounts and brackets for all that stuff? Plus totally unexpected random shit that you will need, etc, etc, etc.

Refer to last statement by me. Standalone would increase the swap by about 30%, not 50%.... Going by your fantasy world budgeting.

12. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

considering i have already discussed this with a qualified mech, i guess my budgeting is just a fantasy world.

13. Chris87

Well when the only thing you discussed with this "qualified mech" is a driveshaft and labour, then yes... I'm going to say your budgeting is fantasy world.

... Then about 1/2way through the swap your mechanic is going to call you up and tell you he needs more parts and money.

14. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

alright man, you are right. just so you know, i talked to him about the whole swap, but i am out of the post. you guys have fun. oh yeah, a canadian company is selling the whole kit for $12k that is a direct drop with 450 rwhp.

15. Chris87

Pardon? English and proper sentences please.

I have no idea if you're admitting that you've been wrong the whole time, or if you're being sarcastic. You're previous posts said the swap was going to cost $6600. Now you're saying its $12k? Either way, you should stop relaying the answers you're getting from your "qualified mech"anic.

And what company is selling this "whole kit"? I'd seriously like to know.

16. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

here, i will do even more, this company sells it for $11k. as you can see, it isn't as hard as you are playing it out to be. to be honest, all i need them to work is the ecu and i can get the rest of the stuff done. here is your website:

http://members.shaw.ca/kfgroup/index.htm

If you would like to build a project such as this for around $10,995 USD for a 2JZ to start, drop us a email or give us a call. When we say to start, that means we are starting off with about 280rwhp (320 for those that like crank HP) and up to 400HP.

[​IMG]

oh yeah, you are welcome. :squint:

17. Chris87

Nice website :coolugh:

Thanks for the link, but everything else you've contributed to this thread has been absolute garbage.
    IE. Your $6600 price, the swap not being that hard, and where on that bush league members.shaw.ca "company" website where it says they are "selling the whole kit for $12k that is a direct drop with 450 rwhp."

$11k for the "kit" which doesn't for surely say if the actual engine is included, and $12-1300 to "install" their stage 2 parts which would bring it up to 450whp, but that does not include the actual parts - learn how to read.

Care to spew off more useless BS, or are you finally done?

18. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You're just a big meanie.

19. Chris87

No. I just don't like it when people spout off fiction.

20. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

you are a fool man. sorry that the stage 2 is an extra 1,300 but you never asked for that did you? You need to read fool. why don't you check out their stage 1, here is reads:

The starting level for Basic Performance Upgrade packages. This setup should put your 2JZ above 400hp at the wheel. Typical 1/4 mile trap speeds are around 11.5-12.5 seconds. Of course these numbers will vary between drivers and cars, but the typical gain is above 45hp with boost levels around 13-15psi. This package includes

* PPE Motorsports 3" Downpipe
    * PPE N1 Cat-back Exhaust
    * GReddy Boost Cut Controller
    * GReddy Profec-B Electronic Boost Controller
    * 52mm GReddy Boost Gauge

But is the 2JZ they are mentioning, is that the engine or something else :rolleyes: And yes, i have found someone to do this for the labor of $2k and then the odd ball parts which i wouldn't put it past another $2k. so it would cost me $4k AT THE MAX after selling my bmw engine and tranny. and once again, if you will actually read, the 1200-1300 is not to install but to actually get the parts.

21. Chris87

No, I never fucking asked for it shithead. You started spouting off about "a canadian company is selling the whole kit for $12k that is a direct drop with 450 rwhp." There's your fucking 450rwhp that YOU brought up. I was merely trying to figure out where you were getting all these magical HP #'s and rwhp #'s.

Ok, what again, what does that have to do with anything? There's no price on that page for their stage 1, so where are you getting these prices from?

Directly from their stage one site: "PPES1 $TBA"

Do you want a cookie? And nowhere in this thread should you be including the resale value of whatever parts you currently own. If you're going to talk about the cost of doing a swap, talk about those fucking costs. Don't start throwing in that you're going to get X dollars for your old tranny, etc. That was never part of this discussion.

I seriously don't even have a fucking clue as to what you're trying to say or prove anymore. Just please STFU already. You've contributed 1 useful thing to this thread and that was the link. Everything else has been complete garbage. :wavey:

22. SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes New Member

It makes perfect sense. Take one of the best handling cars ever made, and put one of the most-tunable-for-insane-power engines ever made into it.

23. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member