BMW Crew v.need help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rydedahoetrain, Aug 8, 2008.

1. rydedahoetrain

rydedahoetrain OT Supporter

I have a 2001 325 and I am getting pretty shitty milage on my car... A friend told me to get a fuel injector cleaner..Which one do you guys recommend?

2. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

use bmw's or chevron techron. while you're at it, change the air filter and check the tire pressure and don't use cheap fucking gas. make sure the oil level is correct, don't overfill. reset the mpg display. if poor milage persists, have the fuel filter & spark plugs changed.

how many miles? close to inspection?

3. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

i would add the FI cleaner now. near empty fuel tank, add FI cleaner then fill with premium to mix properly, go for a drive.

if that does the trick, you're done. if not, when you're in for inspection service report the fuel milage problem to the technician.

4. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

has worked for me! I went from tank averages of 13mpg (PATHETIC on a passat, trust me, NOT how i drive) to now 18!

5. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

Make sure all maintenance is up to date. PSI in tires is correct, and possibly to a Inspection I or II from the dealer and they can diagnose the problem, print it out, and fix it yourself. But try the BMW fuel injector cleaner with some Chevron with techron, and always use at least 91 in it. If you just bought the car, or if it has high mileage, do a complete tune up (spark plugs, air filter, oil, fuel filter, oil filter, etc.)

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Do you have the V6? I forget.

Anyway, the Passat weighs 3500lbs dry, so it gets shitty stop/go mileage anyway.

Oh, and I recommend Berryman's Chemtool in the metal can. You'll need a funnel to get it into the gas tank. It's the only cleaner I've ever used that actually made a noticeable difference.

How did you get down to 13mpg, anyway? I don't think I've ever seen any car get mileage that bad.

7. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

yes, I have a GLX. no idea how it got down to 13, my guess I have some clog/worn down part somewhere in the drivetrain that isn't an often-changed consumable, that a sensor can't pick up. I don't mind now, I am getting decent fuel economy.