blue screen?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mrorgy, Sep 16, 2003.

1. mrorgy

mrorgy New Member

when i turned my computer on today, windows loaded but everything is like blue, does anyone know what this is? its annoying the shit out of me..

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

This was begging for it:

"Everythings' blue in this world"
    - Nine Inch Nails

Wiggle your monitor data cable from the back of the monitor and from the back of the PC. Ideally, watch the screen when you go to do it. Do the colors flicker? If so, you've got a kink in the cable some where. If not, unplug the data cable from the back of the PC and check if there's any bent pins (which I pretty highly doubt, but it doesn't cost you anything to check). If any are bent, carefully straighten them out (and be careful! - they can break).

If that still doesn't fix the problem, you might try reseating your video card. I doubt that would be the cause, but again, its free and it might help. After that, try another monitor. Is the 2nd monitor blue too? If so, its probably your video card. If not, it was your 1st monitor going bad.

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Is it all tined blue? Could be a failing monitor.

4. mrorgy

mrorgy New Member

thanx guys, i fixed the problem though i think. I was playing around with the monitor controls and went to video level.. i switched it from 1.0 to .7 and it went back to normal..