blue screen errors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Nov 1, 2008.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

they suck :wtc: i got a proliant that came into my office today with windows 2000 server on it I havent had time to look at it but come monday it should be fun. prior to the error the server caught a virus that kaspersky apparently fixed but it didnt catch it it time. The console for it wont even open so someone else put a freebie antispyware program on it and it found some trojans, removed them and went to reboot and up pops this blue screen error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the stop error code 0x00000D1 and nothing more.

You go to safe mode, log in and you are brought back to the cntrl-alt-del window. try domain controller recovery, blue screen. last known config, blue screen. :hs:

anyone ever recovered their system with this type of error? user accounts must be messed up because i cant log in

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I never even try - way too much work with no guaranteed results and an OS that has been crippled. Time is almost always better spent pulling data from the drive from another computer and reinstalling. Pretty much guaranteed results and a nice fresh machine.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Well said, I agree. Ive had some luck with bsod but not this one wondered if anyone else ever recovered from an error like this other than just starting over. .

4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

"You go to safe mode, log in and you are brought back to the cntrl-alt-del window" sounds like a problem with the drive letter assignments or corrupt userinit

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Agree 100%. fdisk is hands down the best way to recover 100%.