blue screen error

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DLF, Sep 29, 2005.

1. DLF

DLF New Member

if someone can give me a idea about what to do or how to fix this without losing all the info stored on my pc i would be really gratefull.

booted pc up and got blue screen with a error code or 0x000000be

pc will boot up in safe mode and after some searching i ran verifier.exe as google said it was a driver problem.

after a restart blue screen came back but with error code 0x000000d6 running verifier.exe does not fix the problem this time.

if anyone can give me an idea or at least point me in the right direction i would apreciate it.

p.s i downloaded a program that was supposed to test my drivers to see any errors but in safe mode i cant run it.

thanks

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

define "info".

i got a blue screen the other day for corrupt system files/reg keys. i didn't have the tools to backup my data so i just reinstalled a copy of winxp pro. it of course wiped out my system files/registry keys (all installed programs are basicallly dead). but i can get back into my computer and am copying all the data off of it onto my work's network to back it up.

tomorrow i will be formatting the computer, installing winxp / fedora. and moving my backed up data back to this computer.

cliffs : reinstall your OS, move ur data off to somewhere else, reformat, reinstall OS, move data back.

3. narcisis

narcisis Active Member

Well there you go, it's a driver problem. Did you recently update any drivers? Did you install new hardware with associated drivers? Something occured involving driver installation or updating so you need to start there. If so, when you get into safe mode uninstall whatever you just installed or just roll it back to the previous drivers. Problem should be solved. A complete OS reinstall certainly is not needed here, well.. unless you want todo some fall cleaning. :bigthumb: