Blu Ray player - lose sound

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cruzr180, Dec 7, 2008.

1. cruzr180

cruzr180 I'm addictive!!

Recently got a Panasonic Blu-ray player and when watching a movie the screen will flicker and will lose sound. Hit the volume button and it comes back.

It is hooked up to a LG 52" lcd. I had a decent prices Monster hdmi cable.

It would work fine with the RCA cables just not as good of picture.

I went to best buy yesterday and of course they are like we recommend this cable. $130 for a fucking cable. I bought it hoping it would help.

I get home and everything seems good. Watched part of a few movies testing it out. Started watching hellboy II and it flickered a few times and lost sound. Friday night with the other cable it happened a lot more.

Any ideas? Do I have some setting set up wrong? Bad Player?

2. cacique78

cacique78 Member

Go to panasonic.com and see if there are any firmware upgrades for the model that you have. More than likely after the upgrade you will not see any issues

3. cruzr180

cruzr180 I'm addictive!!

Still having the same issue. Hadn't used the blu-ray for awhile. Now been watching six feet under series and volume still cuts out. Did a firmware update and didn't help.

any settingsthat could cause this?

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

not sure about your problem....but return that $130 cable. lol. Does it happen with other peripherals (cable box, dvd player, xbox, etc.)?

Try to eliminate the variables so that you can pinpoint the error. TV error? cable error? input error? etc? you get the idea.

5. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

The sounds doesn't flicker when watching TV or DVD's with another player? Then contact your dealer for your BluRay - odds are it needs an update, or replacement/repair.