Blood/urine tests back... increased ketones in urinalysis?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by turbo35, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

Just got my results back... Been taking Creatine Mono for about 6 weeks now, and my Creatinine was 1.0 mg/dL (normal range 0.5 to 1.5), so that didn't even flag for a bad kidney or anything.

My only concern is my Ketone levels. Urinalysis came back as 2+ (normal is 0, range is 0-4+ I think). Not too worried about diabetes, as my blood sugar was in range (84 mg/dL, normal 65-99). I did a very low-carb diet for about 2 months this summer and cut out about 20 lbs (~2 lbs/wk)... got down to 140, and started eating moderate carbs... maybe ~100g/day. I'm easily over 100g/day now, would that still keep my body ketatonic? I thought that was a good way to burn fat... does it affect my ability to gain lean muscle at all?

Going to discuss the results with my doctor tomorrow, but I thought you guys may have a little more experience with how this stuff specifically relates to exercise/muscle growth. Thanks! :wavey:

(only other thing was out of range was a slightly high HDL level... but decreased risk of heart attack isn't anything to complain about :))

2. turbo35

Probably don't know much about this either, but would a 2.2 TSH reading indicate anything in a 26 y/o male?

3. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

~100g carbs is super low bro, you're in atkins territory at 150g or less. Keto diets are even more extreme

4. turbo35

Yeah, when I was dieting I was keeping em in the 30-50 ballpark max. Now I have a glass of juice every day in the morning, usually some carbs at lunch via veggies, bread, rice, etc, a protein/clif bar for another 30 or so, whtaever for dinner...

I didn't think I was that low at 100 or so, I'm not really "trying" to avoid them as much as just being careful. :dunno: I don't really mind ketosis considering I still have some fat to dump, but I'm trying to bulk up another 10-15 lbs before I cut... will this affect me in the gym?

5. Gohan4862

Gohan4862 New Member

let your doctor worry about it. Nobody here has a great knowledge of clinical biochem.

6. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Seconded

Not worth asking the hive mind for opinions on something this important.

7. turbo35

Yeah, figured people might know something about how it relates to exersize/fitness specifically, and the gear crew may have some input on the TSH level. :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.