blood in teh peepee

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by KingGargantuan, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

1. already went to hospital
    2. already setup appt with urologist

just wondering if anyone else has had odd bouts of blood in the urine?

this is the 2nd time this has happened. the first time, they said it was from a kidney stone (though there was no pain at the time). a day after the blood was found in there (rootbeer colored urine), 5 minutes of intense pain came and went. this happened twice, @ 24 hours apart. docs said that was probably the stone passing.

a month later, this weekend, i had the same dark rootbeer colored tinkly winkly. no pain a day later and no pain even 3 days later. :dunno:

CT scan supposedly looks exactly same as the first CT scan.

it's a mysterryyyyyyy

peepee is clear'ish now. (yellow but not brown or orange)

so, anybody have experience with anything like this?

2. bummerkit

bummerkit New Member

did you ever actually see the stone?

3. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

It would happen to me a couple years ago. It would happen every couple of months.

I'd wake up and piss blood but then the rest of the day it was fine. I went to the ER and they told me that it could have been a stone or it could be muscle or proteins breaking down.

Mine wasn't root beer colored however, mine had straight up red in it.

Hasn't happened since.

4. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

nope.

the first time around, they said it was a stone. then my doc said it wasnt and it was a cyst. so i stopped "filtering" the pee, mostly because they didnt give me a damn filter and i was using a coffee filter and part of my coffee maker. :rofl: yea i threw the whole thing out after that.

so now i have these cysts that they say are nothing but i'm peeing blood.

dunno

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea that's weird. mine was really dark, like old blood. not much red to it. somsone mentioned that my kidney-stone-like pain could have been from passing a blood clot.

i would just like some answers.

6. GuantanamoBay

GuantanamoBay New Member

blood = infection

7. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

not always. they ran blood tests, no infucktion.

8. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

If it's not a stone, this is the other likely cause.

I had a low grade infection that had apparently been going on for months. I didn't know about it until it had spread to my kidneys and I started urinating blood nearly every day (painful urination as well). Went to the doc, I was put on IV antibiotics and given a 10 day supply of antibiotics as well. Went away pretty much the next day.

9. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

no infection going on. i've already been on antibiotics for other issues anyway so that would have cleared up already.

also there's no pain, no fever. no urinating of blood every day. it happened in the morning and afternoon and then dissapeared until a month later.

10. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

If you don't have discomfort when urinating, the appearance of blood is sporadic, and you are clear of infections, I personally wouldn't worry about it. If it's not a stone or infection, the underlying cause is most likely benign.

11. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea, maybe so, but apparently my creatinine levels are SLIGHTLY elevated (1.5) and creatinine levels / kidney failure or something, dont go on a normal line? they get worse on a curve. so that's no good.

and i'm borderline hypertension AND i'm taknig meds for my ticker already that keep my bp low so if i didnt have those for my ticker, i'd have hypertension. and supposedly kidneys help with hypertension so ...... wtfz

12. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

If you supplement creatine and/or eat lots of red meat, you're creatinine levels will always be elevated. It's pretty typical in weightlifters anyhow. Just keep hydrated and it should never be a problem.

I'm also boderline hypertensive. I have a family history...it's genetic and there's not much I can do. What meds are you on? Only thing I ever found to make any difference was a diaretic (hydrochlorothiazide and other thiazides).

13. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

this thread is fucking gross

14. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea i dont supplement creatinine and i dont eat alot of red meat either.

i guess i need to start monitering what i eat and basically taking better care of myself. i'm getting too old to just do whatever i want anymore. shitty

15. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

I had kidney stones twice, it sucked. Blood the second time, none the first, lots of pain both times. I never saw a stone either. I did have whitish milkey urine at the end and was fine after that.

16. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

says teh guy with equestrian penis reference as his name

17. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

18. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

A few years back I was pissing blood, but not root-beer colored urine. Piss was yellow/clear, but the blood was coagulated.

After all the tests the urologist said it was most likely from heavy weight lifting; he sees it from time to time in bodybuilders and powerlifters.

19. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i dont think i've been consistent enough in my lifting to blame it on weights.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

No need to freak you out but kidney problems are a possibility, although with a creatine level of 1.5 (which really isn't even elevated) it is pretty much improbable that you would have visible blood in your urine, they would at most be able to detect it under a microscope.

The fact that its cleared already also indicates it's probably not systemic.

I'm not a doctor though, so ??

21. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

well the 1st and 2nd times i went in, my creatinine (not creatine) levels were at 1.5 which is slightly elevated and since rise in kidney problems dont go on a normal scale, they get worse on a curve, any elevated levels of anything are worth looking into (so says the doc :dunno:)

as for the visible blood, yea it was darker than rootbeer but not red. so maybe old blood. again, i dunno. i dont see any discoloration in the urine now but i'm going in to see urologist today and we'll see if he finds any blood in there.

22. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

urologist says he THINKS it's the other random kidney stone that's stuck all up in my right kidney.

another CT, with dye, to come next week, then they scope up my weewee and check my bladder.

he also said my test levels are normal :mamoru:

AND he said protein shakes are not great for the kidneys. :noes: though he didnt tell me to stop drinking them.

probably water and natural foods are the only things that are "not great" for kidneys. so long as they're not "harmful", prolly good to go.

23. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

It's true that 1.5 is high but you have to remember that it's rated on a standard bell curve (like most 'normal' levels in tests) and it's also affected by how much muscle mass you have. Being a bigger dude I would bet you will have a higher naturally occuring creatininel level, so unless the doc has been tracking it for years it's hard to say if it's elevated or it's the same level it's been for 10 years.

24. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

it's back again :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.