WEB Blog that I need suggestions to fix/alter. Pretty interesting story behind it too.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CrazyFoool, Jan 6, 2010.

1. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

I'm not here to spam my friends website or his blog. I just need to find things to convince him of changing before I assist him w/ marketing and exposure.

I really want his story to be near the top rather than having the blog, as it grows, push it down further and further.

If you want to know a little bit about the site:

He wants people to know about this law in california and build awareness so that things can be changed. There is no cap for car accidents and people are forced to buy car insurance, yet doctors aren't forced to buy malpractice insurance in california. There is a 250,000 cap for pain and suffering. The idea is to keep premiums low, but they aren't even required to buy it. Doctors can literally screw up one out of 10 surgeries and still pay that cap all the while ruining someone's life.
    He has been calling assemblymen and representatives in the government. It seems impossible to me because doctors would hate

Good suggestions would be appreciated. He puts so much effort into this while being basically a gimp because his doctors destroyed the nerves in his arm; Its such a waste if there was no traffic, but we will deal w/ that later.
    How would this site be more appealing? To me, it seems like a wall of words and unless you're already interested in this fairly medical story, you wouldn't read it.

http://howdoctorsruinedmylife.com/

marketing and exposure suggestions would be great too.

2. Browning

Browning Active Member

clean up that footer and sidebar. They're a mess

3. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I agree with browning

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

jesus some of those stories are fucked up

sad thing is, if you know any surgeons, you realize how they are just normal guys that do operations - they fuckup doing their stuff as much as we fuckup doing ours :o

5. redna

redna New Member

his tag line on top doesn't read right...

"negligent doctors leaving me in $100,000 of bills"

Should probably be something more along the lines of:
    "negligent doctors leaving me over $100,000.00 in debt"
    or
    "negligent doctors leaving me battered and broke" or whatever.

Also, that footer is pretty nasty.

Also, he's got 4 different donate spots on the home page... he could probably be more effective by making just 1 stand out a bit more.