blocking spam callers on an iPhone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZSPTurbo, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

I got a couple spam calls on my cell phone recently, and when I called back and "pressed 1 to remove your number from our list" and 15 minutes later I got another call from another number which didnt even pick up when I called back. I tried looking up the number and reporting them but for some bizarre reason that costs money. So does anyone know how to just block a certain number on an iphone 3g?

2. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

Not sure about how to do it on the iPhone itself, but if you haven't already done so, register your iPhone's telephone number with the Federal Do Not Call Registry:

https://www.donotcall.gov/

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Lots of times by answering the call or responding by pressing a button you verify you're a real person and they then add you to the lists. Same thing happens when you goto the unsubscribe link in many spam emails. You verify that you're a real and active email address for them.

4. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

so... evil

I feel like it's time for Obama to take the do not call registry to the next level. Sure he's got other things on his mind like the economy and the middle east, but cmon, spam is THE number one domestic issue in this country.

And yes I'm joking you stupid assholes who were planning on making fun of me for that