Blizzcon 2009

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Azazel28, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

So how of you guys managed to get tickets to Blizzcon this year? Yesterday, I was so happy that I actually got through to buy the tickets. I've actually been trying to buy tickets since the first Blizzcon, but I never seemed to buy them in time. I'm stoked to go!

2. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

are they gonna announce any new titles? dont see why they would considering they can show a ton of sc2 and d3 and maybe some new wow patch. but im curious how they are gonna continue milking wow...

3. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Fuck WoW, I'm going there for everything else besides the Warcraft series. I truly doubt they will announce any of their new projects as Blizzcon. It is most likely going to be just a lot more information on their existing games (mainly Diablo III). However, if they do announce a new title at Blizzcon I think it would be another WoW expansion back....sadly. I do not see them announcing a brand new IP just yet, maybe next years convention.

4. fakeyfakerson

fakeyfakerson OT Supporter

They're developing a new mmo that's also a new IP, might get some details this year.

5. Isamu

Isamu New Member

i just want he rad free wow stuff :(

6. sony

sony Active Member

My friend scored 5 tickets and is selling me one. :cool:

7. JM Popaleetus

JM Popaleetus OT Supporter

Yo Az, what ever happened to your AoC guild?

8. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

thats what im fearing. some new bs expansion pack takes the show and they give maybe 2 minutes to d3 and sc2. but like you said its doubtful. hopefully we see some new d3 classes :bowdown: :bowdown:

9. Wah

Wah New Member

Looking forward to more info on Diablo 3 the most. Hopefully a released date! (yeah right.)

10. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I don't play WoW enough to want to go to Blizzcon, E3 however I would totally go to.

11. Eyau

Eyau .

Starcraft 2 > Diablo III for me

12. Isamu

Isamu New Member

this dude i work with is going... im jealous! i want cool free shit.. i miss going to gencon every year

13. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

It didn't look that great, until I watched the last battle report. Besides, multiplayer isn't the only thing a Blizzard game has to offer.

But they could announce their new MMO, who knows. I went to Blizzcon in '07 and there was definitely plenty of SC2 to play. There will be plenty of D3 to play at this one.

14. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

My business and real life happened with the AoC guild. Not to mention the fact that Age of Conan did not live up my standards (after 60 days I lost interest). However, I have been in talks with people in getting a "gaming website" up and running. This will focus on PC Gaming as a whole. I've been developing concepts, designs, and of course functionality for our new website. I have a team of 6 guys working on creating a nice PC gaming community.

As of right now we still have our ventrilo server up (50 man) and it is currently being used as a way for me to telecommunicate and as a place for a friends WoW guild to meet up.

15. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

I started playing Blizzard games well before I knew them as blizzard (rock in roll racing) and I'm been playing their games ever since. However, it wasn't until Starcraft that I really became addicted to their games. Warcraft 2 was an entry point, but Starcraft just hit the sweet spot for me.

After playing Starcraft 2 last year I have no doubt in my mind that it will be a fantastic game. More information I find out about it the better it seems it will be.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy RTS games like DoW and DoW2 (more tatical) and even Supreme Commander...but there is something about the polish and truly different races that really drive me to play Starcraft. No RTS game has ever really created such player style differences and been so balanced.

I also never got to play Diablo 3 which upset me, but my friend who went to Blizzcon 08 said it was fun for the 15 minutes he had with the game. I hope to get my hands on it at Blizzcon.

That is what I was referring to is the MMO. They have two unannounced projects and only one of them is actually a new IP (well that they reviled) and it is an MMO. From what I have gathered from battle.net postings as well as interviews, they are only in the "think tank" stage of the gaming. Coming up with story, location, lore, and gameplay ideas to then later test. However, I highly doubt that they have been developing this new IP for over two years. The reason why I say two years or more is because that is usually the time frame that Blizzard has before they announce a project to the general public (since Diablo II that is).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  16. Noel

Noel New Member

I have a serious problem with Starcraft 2.

As far as anyone can tell, its essentially the same game with new units and graphics. Players have even been using the same tactics they used in Starcraft 1.

Now, thats usually pretty normal for a sequal...but this game came out 11 fucking years ago.

Is this really the best you can do in 11 years? Can you imagine if the rest of the gaming industry worked at the same pace of innovation as Blizzard? We'd still be playing Pong...in 3d!

D3 I have no problem with, they've actually managed to keep up a decent pace on that game.