Blinger Squats at the gym the other day ..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TenSteel, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

And it was kids this time! These couple of kids who were something like 12 were with one of their dads. This kid has a couple plates on the bar, and I'm thinking to myself "He's gonna hurt himself."

But no, he barely goes down a quarter of the way and his dad is sitting there spotting him, encouraging him, "Yeah, good job ..." etc etc. Then his little chubby friend comes up and the dad says "With legs like that, you should be doing twice that!" So the dad puts a couple more plates on the bar for the kid. Now there's 235 lbs., and the kid does the exact same kinda squat as his friend did. The only thing they were missing were the safety bars at nipple height! :uh:

So I was doing squats next to them and I had the dad come over and spot me for a near full squat. I didn't really need the spot, it was more like a reason to show him that he needed to not let his kid or his friend squat like that, with that much weight.

I swear these kids were barely 12 years old! I wanted to smack the dad in the face.

2. Mojo

Mojo New Member

mayeb its deja vu but i seriously remember something like this in the past months.

but maybe the dad was just doing it for shits and giggles? make their children feel more "accomplished" doing simple things to make them feel better. sounds like something i would do if my kids were depressed or felt like dogshit.

3. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

:rofl:

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I thought bouncing the bar off the pins was what, by definition, constitutes a blinger squat?

5. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

no, blinger squats is very difficult exercise to perform -- mearly smashing the bar on the pins is not enough to be authentic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.