Bladder infection?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by buriedtreasure, Aug 18, 2006.

1. buriedtreasure

buriedtreasure New Member

How do you tell if you have a bladder infection?

And if you do have one, how do you treat it?

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You have to see a doctor. You will know because it will be INCREDIBLY painful to urinate and you will also have to urinate more frequently. If you are having lower back pain or a fever with those symptoms you need to make sure to see one asap or at the very least tell your doctor about them.
    A doctor will give you antibiotics. Another thing that helps is a medication called pyridium (or something along those lines). You can buy it OTC at any drug store, AZO is a larger brand that makes it. It will turn your urine orange and it does stain so be careful.

3. firedancer

firedancer New Member

lots and lots of cranberry juice (not juice cocktail or juice blend - 100% cranberry juice) can also help...

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You will want to consult your doctor before you drink "lots" of cranberry juice. My own personal doctor has told me not to drink anymore than 10-12 ounces a day of cranberry juice as it can actually do more harm than good.

5. Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim New Member

Yep best off going to the doctor. I think the symptoms can be fairly non-specific. They might make you go to pathology for urine, or take one there and send it (however the US works). After that its time for antibiotics if its legit.

Cranberry juice doesnt work against all bacterial causes of UTI's, only selected ones.