MIL Blackwater

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Sep 24, 2007.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

:nono:
    They are in the middle of a shit storm now, especially if this video does exist.

What do you all make of this mess?

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I doubt Blackwater will take the fall for it. They have too much political backing.

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I touch other ppl at night.

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

They do, but I think with the situation like it is we would be more willing to throw them out there on their own than to risk damaging the slowly growing relations with Iraq.

:dunno:

5. Back story plz?

6. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Which topic are you referring to? I thought it was about the arms smuggling, but i went to www.msnbc.com and did a search for "Blackwater" and it came back with quite a few topics within the past week LOL.

7. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I've been highly critical of the protections afforded to blackwater ever since the start. They're nothing more than mercenaries. As security guards they rank just barely above Joe Blow civilians and should be tried accordingly.

8. If you're not being sarcastic I feel the same way.

9. Jyokker

He isn't. He has made known his views on hired guns before.
    I agree with him.
    However, in this case if anyone is tried, it will be the individuals who commited the crime, not the company itself.

10. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...is there a news link or anything?

11. MrRyan

When companies are out of control (which Blackwater is...) the leadership needs to be held to criminal levels of responsibility and need to be held personally accountable rather than hiding behind the banner of a corporation. The chinese had it somewhat correct when they executed several corporation CEO's in the last two months for their complicitity in Company Evil-doing.

I'm not loving the Death punishment, but jail time and personal fines are definately in order for intentional corporate mis-governance.

12. Jyokker

I agree with you. If Enron execs get jailtime for doing what they did, then if Blackwater execs knew about what happened and didn't take appropriate action, they should get jailtime as well.

13. Jyokker

But, we all know that he who has his hand in the honeypot doesn't go to jail.

14. Fuck blackwater.

15. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

I don't understand the hatred. As far as I am concerned Blackwater will get off without any issues (look how that little shooting incident just went away)
    I would go join them if I could. They are out there doing a job just like the next guy, except they are taking bullets without any of the protections afforded our soldiers. They don't have the protections of the Geneva Conventions.. and we all saw what happens when the wrong people get a hold of them.
    If they make a bit more, more power to them.

16. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

And what exactly has Blackwater done wrong?

So far I don't see anything worth even reading, much less punishing anyone over.

17. Zee

Zee New Member

Would you be willing to put your soldiers in the same shoes as those "merenaries"? And if not how would you protect foreign dignitaries that need hired protection if you want too prosecute a company for the actions of a few individuals

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

:hsugh:

19. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Not a fan of the mission Blackwater performs. They are nothing more than the people we refer to as insurgents/mercs/terrorist.

20. Parris04

Parris04 New Member

Black-water and a number of contracting companies operate with virtually no rules...no oversight...it was bound to happen.

The military can't prosecute them.......the Iraqi government can't prosecute them, and the US courts have no real jurisdiction. This is what happens with the US goes from the professional warrior to guns for hire.

PaRrIs

21. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Contractors are basically bodyguards. Their roles are to protect VIPs, locations/facilities and convoys whether that's in a combat zone or in day to day situations like protecting VIPs here in the states.

They engage when engaged and their duty when engaged is to protect their client, be that a facility like a pipeline or building or to get a person out of the area as quick as possible or to protect a convoy.

There are hundreds of these companies from all over the world employing people from all over the world and the majority of those employees are from military special forces or law enforcement.

22. MrRyan

23. MrRyan

Would I be willing? Fuck what I'm willing to do...it's about what the U.S. HAS TO DO. We're in effect hiring private mercenaries to do the jobs that the U.S. public has no clue we're NOT doing. The whole war and it's costs have been hidden or disguised in one fashion or another from the start.

So many aspects of the war have been hidden through the hiring of non-soldiers to do semi-quasi soldiering type jobs.

History will not look down kindly on the U.S. Military and their tacit compliance, if not, enabling of the use of such techniques. 250,000. 250,000 is the number that was told to the U.S. administration of Law Enforcement Officers that would need to flow into Iraq following the invasion force to conduct police duties ALONE. He was politely told to leave and never come back.

24. MrRyan

I have no qualms letting them perform their current mission under the perview of Iraqi law...to include un-fettered access to the corporate bosses.

25. Zee

Zee New Member

They do need to be covered by laws dont get me wrong...But giving them unfettered access to the CEO's Wouldnt that be like letting the Iraqi Govt have at our commanders for the actions of their subordinates at Abu Gharib?