MIL Blackwater Firefight Video from Najaf

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

http://rapidshare.de/files/3409218/Blackwater_in_Najaf.wmv.html

Scroll to the bottom click free...wait 35 seconds, right click...save as.

The best part of the video is where one of them yells "GIT SUM!!!!" and also the part where the guy says "here comes the gunships, TURN THIS FUCKIN PLACE INTO GLASS, BEEYOTCH" :bowrofl:

For those of you who don't know what Blackwater is, they're a government contractor conducting military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Nobody in the video doing any of the fighting is in the military, but to work for them you have to be former military and most of them are former USMC or army grunts.

2. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

u have to be ex Special Forces at the minimum to work for them bro, none of them were marines or regular army

3. Accord

Accord New Member

4. Accord

Accord New Member

that's not what it says on the "employment" section of their website:

hell, they even take regular MP's.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  5. DaRkPhAnToM

exactly thank you for being one of the smart guys on this forum. how have you been by the way? long time no talk bro

6. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Yea about the only Marines theyd take are Force Recon guys but honestly those mother fuckers are a whole different type of crazy, this is comin from a moto gonnabe at that but its true, anyone thats ever held a convo with one of those guys for longer than 15 mins knows wat im talkin bout, cool guys but they got some issues roamin around.

7. Accord

Accord New Member

I heard some of the Blackwater guys in Iraq and Afghanistan are getting paid $200k for each 6 month long deployment :eek4:.

8. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

But think of the danger. They just get the standard loadout any soldier gets minus grenades/launchers/etc.

9. Jobe

Jobe keke ^_^

For that money couldn't you easily buy your own?

10. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

You're provided the weapons by the company you work for I believe. And there's restrictions on all defence contractors not to use things as grenades. People have been fired and sent home for such actions.

11. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

That's a hell of a stereotype, junior. I've got 2 buddies that are FR and you would never know that they were even Marines just by talking to them. Quit basing your "knowledge" off of what you see on TV

12. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Take out "former USMC and Grunts" and replace with "Delta, SF, Combat Controllers, Seals, Force Recon, and Rangers".

13. x6ftundx

x6ftundx New Member

why is it when you watch most video's coming out of Iraq you can't tell what they are shooting at or what is going on?

So what does happen if you shoot an AT4 at the moon?

14. DaRkPhAnToM

exactly :bigthumb:

15. keane

keane New Member

i dont know if this is a serious question or not...ummm this aint hollywood bro

16. DaRkPhAnToM

exactly. while in afghan we were invovled in a 22 minute friendly-fire firefight with another u.s. element. combat aint easy like the movies at all man.

17. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Sry for the stereotype but from the few FR guys I know and have talked with, yes theyre cool guys with some really kick ass stories that get you moto BUT even they themselves will admit to not being all there a bunch of the time from some of the shit theyve done and seen, and these are guys that were FR for 8yrs or more, so I appologize for the stereotype bc a few cant speak for the whole but dont assume my knowledge base is "as seen on TV" hell Ive never seen anything about FR on tv to begin with.

18. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

and MP :fawk:

19. x6ftundx

x6ftundx New Member

All I meant was it seems that it must be easier if you are there to see your target than in the video.

20. keane

keane New Member

yea.. i would love to see the actual enemies too but we can all see that the camera man has more things to worry about than getting nice picturesqe footage..

u guys remember a collage vid about fallujah from earlier this year or last year..and for a few seconds it showed a modern combat camera man? his camera was like an armored box with a thick viewing window..it looked crazy lol

21. Accord

Accord New Member

"duuuuuude, i wonder what would happen if i shot an AT4 at the moon"

22. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

:uh:

23. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Jesus, the militaryphotos.net factor is high in this thread.

First off, BW's particular hiring criteria aren't laying by my computer here, but they have shit listed on their website. It's not as if they WON'T hire people who meet all those criteria, just because there's someone better out there. The demand is high, and they'll send a lot of candidates who meet those criteria to their contractor school all at once. They'll wash a few out, and offer the rest jobs. What they do, is they make you pay for your school. It's fucking expensive. Like $50k or so. But, they offer financing, and they have some sort of plan involving reduction or complete waiver of the cost of tuition if you pass and are hired by BW. They will usually offer jobs to the people who pass the course satisfactorily, and if not, they have a program to set them up with other PSD contractors.

The only armed contractors who get payed beaucoup $$$ these days are instructors or people with something extra to offer aside from being highly qualified and competent at PSD work. An acquaintance of mine (everyone always has SEAL friends and shit. I don't know this guy that well. My best friend does, but I've only talked to him a handful of times) is a weapons instructor working for Dyncorp, teaching the stupid-ass Iraqi national police proper weapons handling skills. He gets around $90,000 every six months, and that's fucking awesome money these days. BW and Dyncorp are two of the biggest companies, but they actually pay their reg'lar ol' PSD folks non-spectacular wages. There are some companies out there who are still forking out the big dough, but my general impression from folks is that contractor pay has decreased since the start of OEF/OIF, due to saturation of the market in some cases. The number of people wanting to do it is so large now that they're able to pay less. The length of time that those people getting less pay stay in country seems to be dropping as well, hence the high demand for them, even with the high supply.

Armament for PSD team members varies greatly. A great company with awesome contacts and resources may outfit its teams with all the latest and greatest Gucci gear. Or, the company may be a low-rate two-bit company that fucks its employees and gives them shitty weapons, no backup, and leaves them high and dry when they need help in a hurry. Contractors have to do their research before signing on with a company. All the money in the world wouldn't make a smart man work for a company in Iraq that didn't have a good support structure in place to help save its peoples' asses when SHTF.

I'll say this: Contractors are issued anything and everything that the US Army uses, just about. They are using M4's with 203's, they using all the standard issue small arms of the US and Iraq. They're using old-ass Beretta subguns. They're using BHP's that can range from brand-spanking-new, Stayed-in-Saddam's-nightstand quality all the way down to utter trash that won't function more than 75% of the time. Some contractors are using local-type weapons, such as AK variants. A high percentage of them, though are using all US-issue type weapons, including 240's, 249's, 203's, smoke/CN/fragmentation grendades, etc.

For that matter, contractors wear all sorts of different clothing types, from whatever the military unit they're working around wears, to all 5.11 clothing, to local garb. Their vehicles can range from riding in uparmored humvees to armored subs to thin-skinned F350s to any damn thing they can get their hands on. Their clients can range from some top official that thinks all Iraqis are great, and that Americans should go home, to one who wants you to shoot some Iraqi guy on a bicycle because he's holding up traffic on the road you're on.

Many of you guys have no fucking clue what you're talking about when it comes to anything related the military, because all you know, you got secondhand from some airsoft board, or milphotos.net or some dude's brother's girlfriend's cousin who was THERE man, he was THERE, in the SHIT! I don't think ANY of you have had any real contact with contractors. I deal with contractors on a near-daily basis, and gather this knowledge by listening to their daily gripes, their stories about incidents such as the one in this video, and all the shit you don't hear in the news.

Stop posting about stuff you know nothing about, and pretending that it's fact because you picked it up on the internet from some guy who says he's an Elite Delta Tactical Ninja Warrior Ranger Special Force Recon Black Ops Secret Squirrel.

24. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

/thread. :mamoru:

25. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

QFT

:bowdown: