TAT Blacklight tattoos?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bugman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. bugman

bugman Demonic Gecko OT Supporter

I was looking at Fark.com and saw an article about a guy who does Blacklight tattoos..actually the article is right here:

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8025&mode=&order=0&thold=0

So does anyone here know someone who has one of these? Can you see ANY of it during the day? I just figure its good for someone who wants a tattoo..but wants it hidden...but then you gotta deal with the fact that you can only see it under blacklight :rolleyes:

So any of you know anyone that has these?

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You can still see it during the day. It looks like your skin is scarred.

3. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Never heard of it, thats pretty neat. Would never get one completely like that, if you dont want it to be seen you shouldnt be getting one. Would be a cool idea for eyes though.

4. Eric BMW

Eric BMW New Member

I have a few friends who have them (mostly girls). They're pretty cool. I've been thinking of gettign a tattoo for the longest time. I wonder if they are a lot more expensive that normal tattoo's?

5. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I still wouldnt do it until more testing is done. Just because one site says its safe, doesnt mean it is close to 100% safe, IMO. I mean you are injecting yourself with a chemical that only *suppose* to show up under a black light.

6. bugman

I was just thinking it would be a good alternative for people wanting to "hide" tattoos, but if you can see the scars anyway, that negates the purpose i guess

7. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

The weird thing about it, if you ask me, is the fact that you need a blacklight to really see it. So, I dont know about you, but I dont own a blacklight. And then it would be something like "OMG, I got a new tattoo, but you dont have a blacklight? :( "

I am not bashing you so I hope you dont take it that way. As far as hiding goes, all I need is to put on a dago tee and you would never guess I had any tattoos since they are all on my back and hidden enough. My parents dont even know about my tattoo and my last one was pretty big (I made a thread about it on this forum, a few links down). And for every SO that hates tattoos on your body, there are always people that love them on their SO.

8. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

i think it would be kooler to have a multi demnsional tattoo rather than the "you cant see it in the day", have a normal tattoo, then have something behind it or a image layered on it glow around the normal tattoo when under the black light

and yea its still on its way to being 100% safe, the first versions were people just diluting glow paint, and it was causing horrible problems when it gave you a rash under your skin and shit like that, but i think the USDA fianly got ahold of it

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

even the new versions of this pigment are causing irritations and rashes in some people.

10. bugman

I see your point..although i would never get a tattoo on my back..I just dont personally see the point of having a tattoo if you could never actually see it with your own eyes, and need a mirror too enjoy it.

11. Sebulous

Sebulous New Member

I would not mind getting one. I seen a pretty cool 1/2 Moon 1/2 sun black light tattoo. The moon is black light and you can still see where the sun would be, but its not there.

I've seen that its placed in basically plastic balls. it keeps the ink out of the skin. It makes sense that it would be more safe than injecting ink into your body.

12. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I have been trying to find a place around me that will do one for the longest time. Ive talked to a few artists I have found on the net from other places in the country and they ALL have told me that they have not experienced any problems from blacklight inks... :dunno: Im sure it happens, but from my research the new inks are much better.

Either way, i will get one when I can find somewhere within 2 or 3 hours to do it.

13. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

This one guy i know got casper the friendly ghost on his neck, it looked like he was burned on his neck pretty bad in the daylight.

14. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I wouldnt doubt it. I mean its not different than normal tattoing but instead of using the normal ink, its the glowing one. It is still going to be injected into your skin

15. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i had an ex that had it on his hand... glowed only in the blacklight... you could never see it during the day, but all the artists i know tell you to stray from it