TAT Blacklight Tatoos, info needed

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by still-shines, Jan 16, 2007.

1. still-shines

still-shines Here today, still here tomorrow

Hey got a question for you guys, I have been wanting to get a tatoo for awhile. But for various reasons, if i did get one, it would be in a hard to see area. Sorta defeats the reasons I want one. :hs:

Whats the info on the new blacklight tatoos? I saw pictures awhile back on some people that had them done and it only shows up under blacklight. It looked so badass.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can actually see this tatoo without the light.

Are there types you can get that are invisible, until the light hits them? Does anyone here actually have this type? I got some info from searching on Google, but I would like to hear the info from someone who actually got a blacklight tatoo.

Thanks in advance

2. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

you can see the tats, they look sorta white like white ink. some people have reported irritation from glow in the dark ink and blacklight ink. it also hasn't been around long enough to determine any long term risks (like cancer).

3. joy division

joy division New Member

ooooh for fucks sake

4. Scape

Scape I'm more Russian than you.

I Have a black light tattoo on the bottom of my wrist. Its dandy. No irritation, nothing bugging me at all. I have had it for a few months, you can barley see it unless its under a black light.

Just make sure to find out what ink they use at the place before you do it. Mine used the Chamellion ink and its great.

5. panda[cRx]

panda[cRx] New Member

looks tacky as fuck, causes cancer.... enough reasons to say no yet?

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Alot of ignorance in this thread.

First off, its looks are subjective. This is a body art section, why be so judgmental?

Second, Causes cancer? Does it feel good to make up shit and think you are smart? Old inks may have. It seems many forget that there are alot of newly approved inks out there for UV tattooing that dont have the problems the old inks had. Especially when it comes to irritation.

I researched this for a few years and talked to many many shops. I found a reputable one that does UV tattoos in tennessee and they even let me talk to some customers that had proviously got UV tattoos.

Ill be getting mine done soon...cancer free...and I think it will look damn good.

7. panda[cRx]

panda[cRx] New Member

ok well sure enought the tackyness is MY OPINION - fair call

in regards to health factors i don't claim to be an expert on the subject but i've spoken to four artists about it coz my bro is interested and they all warned to stay clear from it. so whether it's true or not i'm not just pulling shit out of my ass.

8. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

A friend of mine has some uv ink in his arm and they had to go over it twice or three times is spots to get the heavy glow they where goin for. The ink also is very think and goes in hard. I wouldent get one but thats me, My friend the artist threw away his uv ink because he dosent like doin the uv tats

9. still-shines

ya the cancer part was related to old inks i believe.

Thanks for the info from the people that gave it.:)

10. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I wasn't aware that any inks had been fda approved for tattoos, that’s good news. last I heard (maybe 2 or 3 years ago) there were plenty of inks but none were officially approved. do you know of any specifically (brand name)?

and for the record I don’t think anybody ever got cancer even from the old inks, the issue was it just hadn't been around long enough prove one way or the other.

11. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

12. Two toys

Two toys New Member

if you are looking for an invisible tattoo you wont find it with a UV ink. atleast not right away. some people fade quicker than others but sometimes the inked area will be easily visible for years.

13. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

you can see the ink and even if you couldn't the skin is gonna look white just from the scar tissue, at least for a while, I have raised sections on my tats where the heavy black lines were done.

14. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

4 artists dont make a majority and it doesnt mean they know what theyre talking about. ;)

15. Two toys

Two toys New Member

holy fucking learn to use punctuation.

16. still-shines

Ya, thats one of the reason i dont want a visable tatto, business environment ftl :sadwavey:

Hence the reason i was looking at blacklight. Part of me wants to just say fuck it and get a tatoo like Blade had. It went into his hairline on the back/side of his neck(badass if it glowed under blacklight too). I just dont want to make a descision now that i regret in the future.

17. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

If you have raised sections on your tattoos, that means the artist went too deep with the needle. You shouldn't have scar tissue like that.

I have a bad tattoo on my back where the artist went too deep with the needle and the WHOLE THING is scar tissue. Not bad but you can definitely feel it when you run your fingers over it. And, seven years later, it still ITCHES.

Raised lines in your tattoo= bad.

18. Libera

Libera New Member

I have blacklight ink in some of my tattoos and it sometimes itches terribly. I have no idea what brand of ink was used, but it was done about 2 years ago.