Blackjack 2 question v.AT&T

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fknfast, Mar 19, 2008.

1. fknfast

fknfast Coming to a QB near you

Do you guys know if you are required to have some special internet plan to send picture messages with the blackjack 2? I know on the regular phones you can get a media net package for like $15 a month and it gives you like 5mb of internet or something a month.

does the blackjack 2 require a pda plan?

The reason I am asking is b/c my gf just got the phone and the people at cingular/at&t are telling her she needs a pda plan to send picture messages.

Their site seems to say otherwise...

She has the unlimited messaging for $20 a month
    which requires a compatible phone....blackjack II ...check

[​IMG]

It also requires a compatible plan....nation 450 w/ rollover...check
    [​IMG]

she tried to test it and it wont let her send any kind of picture (data).

anyone know if we need to add something else to the plan (it isnt worth it) or is at&t trying to screw us?

2. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

normally i would say that a Smartphone, like the Blackjack, would require the Data plan because you have to DL the pictures from their media server. But the fact that it says right there that the Blackjack is compatible with the Unlimited Texting plan throws me off. I have heard though that you have to limit the file size of the picture in order for it to be sent through the phone without using data so you can try that, keep the picture under 300kbs for example.

Also this is kind of off the wall but i have a friend who has the pearl without the BB plan and i do know that he has the unlimited text plan but it costs him money to send a picture with it. So im thinking that you have to have the data plan as well

3. fknfast

yeah i read that about the file size too on another forum and i tried it. still wouldnt let the picture go through.

she was initially gonna get the curve but the lady who sold her the phone said you don't need it cause it will require a data plan to send picture messages then proceeded to sell her the blackjack 2. we are still within our 30 day period, so I am gonna go up there with her and see what they say (printed off those images) and if they won't work the deal as it says on their site then they can have the phone back and the service and we will get a different plan and phone that will work for what she wants.

4. fknfast

i believe you have to have a pda or data plan to send email? I know what your talking about though. The previous phone and plan she had (media net package) would just send them as an mms message and the data it used would be taken off her allowed 5 mb or w/e it was per month

5. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

yea email takes a data plan. I would definetly go up to the ATT place and ask them whats up, better than having it for a while and ringing up a huge bill. Alot of the smartphones like the pearl are really getting cheap now and alot of people are upgrading to them and not realizing the little strings that come attached to the smartphones like having a data plan.

6. fknfast

yeah well i doubt she is running up any major fees b/c it wont even let her send a message with a picture in it. I believe that feature has to be activated.

which leads me to believe the rep at the time was just trying to sell her another "feature" that she didn't need. of course this is all just based on assumption.