Blackberry Pearl + Mac... what's the word on syncing?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IcyHot4Life, Jul 1, 2007.

1. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

So I'm due for a mobile upgrade, and I've settled on the BB Pearl for my next device. Everything I read though isn't too encouraging as far as syncing the Pearl with my mac is concerned. It looks like pocketmac sucks ass, and Missing Sync for BB is getting okay (but mixed) reviews.

Anyone else got a pearl? What are you using to keep it synced with your Mac? I'm coming from a fully-supported sony ericsson phone, so I'm pretty spoiled :o

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

iPhone ftw if you're concerned about full syncing.

...but you knew that already. ;-)

As far as BB's + Macs go, those are the only two sync apps I am aware of and have never bothered to try either. I just sync with my PC for back-up purposes, but don't really have any other apps I use that are syncing with the BB data. One more reason I really would like an iPhone. I have also had SE's in the past that sync'ed nicely with my Mac and miss that. The iPhone will even sync with my Safari bookmarks since I have Mac account and sync my home and office safari bookmarks already. <3

*goes to look under the couch cushions for $600 in change*

3. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I hear you on the SE phone (i'd love a w810i but don't want to pay full price for the privilege). I wish t-mobile's phone selection didn't suck so hard, but their customer service is excellent, and I haven't had any coverage problems with them so I'm not jumping ship for AT&T anytime soon, iPhone be damned :p

I know there's a couple more BB + Mac owners in here, hopefully they'll let me know what's up :x:

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

PocketMac works fine with my 8700G, through tmo..

And I'm already over every thread about phones or PDA's or electronics turning into iphone conversations..:rolleyes:

5. hellodon

hellodon

pocketmac is really your best (and only reliable) option.
    I used it for 8700 and Pearl
    I am now on an iPhone :)

6. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

hmm I was surprised to see pocketmac recommended by you guys... all the googling I've done was dumping on it to no end. I guess no one's tried the Mark/Space product for sync?

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php

$40 just for sync software sounds like some bullshit to me, but supposedly it is significantly better integrated, and less error-prone, than the pocketmac software. Maybe I'll demo it when I get the pearl in the mail and report back :cool:

btw pocketmac users, what can/can't you do with the software? i.e. what syncs and what doesn't, how well does it keep up with diffs between mac address book / BB, etc. Would love to hear about it :)