Blackberry Curve Issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Saluki, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Saluki

Saluki New Member

I got a Curve about a month ago and all's been good until today. I'm getting the hourglass popping up every 7 seconds or so along with the network activity arrows in the top right corner. It's killing my battery life, took it down to 3% today in about 5 hours. So I figure something is running in the background but I don't know how to tell what is. I don't have any odd apps, only thing I've added app-wise to it is Google Maps, the ESPN shortcut icon, and the Facebook thing. Anyone have any ideas?

2. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

have you tried pulling the battery and restarting it?

3. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Didn't even think to pull the battery. Did it and it seems that I had about 30 emails and it was having trouble downloading them or something. Anyways they all came through and it looks like it's back to normal...thanks!

4. cdk-rod

cdk-rod Active Member

Are you running 4.5?

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

after using a blackberry for years, any time i had a connectivity issue the first thing i was told was to pull the battery, wait a few minutes and put it back. i don't think just powering it down with the button clears everything out.

6. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

You don't have to do a battery pull unless a soft-reset doesn't work.

Just holding down the power button isn't going to reset it either.

For a BB Curve, hold down the ALT + right Shift + DEL keys. This will do a soft reset which takes a few minutes to completely reboot and be back on your home screen. No information will be lost. It's the same as just restarting your home computer.

7. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Not running 4.5 yet...Think I'm gonna do that soon.

BTW it's doing it again...it's gotta be my email...I got a shit ton of email from my parents this morning and it didn't come through on the BB like it normally does. What can I do so I don't have to reset it all the time?