GUN Black friday gun purchase :cool: V. I need your advice!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Nov 24, 2006.

?

What should I do?

1. Remmy 710-------$299.87 (270 or 30-06)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Remmy 700-------$384.94 (270 or 30-06)

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Mossberg atr100-----$244.63 (270 or 30-06)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Keep your money. You have spent enough on guns today

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Norinco
    Missing attached 10 round box mag, original upper hand guard, and bayonet
    $170

Cashed 2 paychecks as well as had most of another one left over, so I just decided that no matter what I was gonna come back with something that went boom today.
    Went down to the redneck backwoods gun shop in so. IL b/c the phone was busy all morning. I figured he was open. Sure enough, he was. Was packed with a bunch of highschoolers and their dads looking for shotguns for hunting season.
    Most of the guns he has there are pump action 12 gas.

I walk over to where the military surplus rifles usually are. They are just trade ins from the local rednecks. I have never seen a nice one that doesnt have anything modified in some way.
    I ask to see any Russian and Norincos they may have in stock. Pulls out 3. I notice one is marked with a star and an arrow inside. I ask him it it is Russian, and he says no, its a Norinco. I keep myself from going :hsugh:
    Look at the date. Its stamped 1951 and the serial number is in the 3200's
    Its a decent gun but the price is a bit much for what condition is
    The other 2 were Norincos wand one was a bit rusty with all matching #s and the other was one in good shape with a 30 rounder instead of the attached 10 round box.

I look at them for about 5 minutes. Tell him which one I want and he gives me the cash price of $165.Talk him down to $155.
    I notice there is an leo next to me from my town buying an AR and an old ruger .22. Hes an ok guy but is a little weird and keeps to himself.

I get done signing it, I buy 4 boxes of wolf, thank him, and Im on my way

Stopped at wallyworld on the way back to see if there are some deals on the rifles there. Only the 710 is on sale.
    I look at the 700's and see that they have a 30-06 for $385. The normal walmart list price is $420.
    I look around and get the idea that I wanna buy a sporter rifle as well.
    What should I get and why?

2. if you're going to buy a 710, ill get you a killer deal.. just send me $100, and ill shit in a paper bag and send it back to you!

if you want a great bolt action for less than the price of the 710 (aka shitpile), get a Savage or a Stevens.

3. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

go ahead and buy the 700, because so far you've only wasted your money :fawk:

4. BigBadJohn

Getting the 700. Should be mine by tomorrow night

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I love my Remmington 700 in 30-06 but personally I would rather get some more 7.62 for your SKS. Don't you have an AK build? Did you ever finish that?

6. BigBadJohn

I got frustrated with it and thought that if I took a little bit of time away from it it would be alot easier and clearer.
    I was having trouble finishing the rails.

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

No worries, you'll get it.

Mine is slowly coming along too. I might finish the trigger guard rivet jig tomorrow if I don't spend all day playing with my new 10/22 :hs: