Black berry vs iphone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Ripper, Jul 31, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

which do you recommend and why

2. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Wait a month, and try the new Blackberry Bold.

I picked up the Blackberry Curve 8330 2.5 weeks ago, I haven't put it down since.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

bold is gsm only right now.

i'd say get a cdma curve.

4. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

I want to compare the two, but it's taking forever to release the Bold.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

From talking to people that have owned the iphone they love it especially the user interface and all of the hacks you can do to it but they have mentioned that there have been reliability issues. Im going to wait and see what happens with the bold. Im probably not going to end up buying a new phone for another month any ways so I can wait the 2 weeks.

6. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

To me the biggest thing, now going for the iPhone is the Applications. With everyone developing all these applications, it puts all these other phones such as the Bold at a major disadvantage.

7. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

If he's considering an iPhone, he's going with AT&T or T-Mobile, which is why I said wait for the Bold in a month, because it's being released on AT&T first.

All of the web apps work on the Blackberry. At least all of the ones I have used.

All they are, is just a "mobile" friendly version website.

8. JoeyZaZa85

JoeyZaZa85 New Member

I want to get an Iphone btu stuck with sprint

9. quickone

quickone New Member

Im pretty sure hes talkin about all the apps from jailbreaking it or version 2.0 of the iphone.

10. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

What are you gonna be using the smartphone for? Work or play?

I had the Blackberry 8100 which I had no problems with. I supposedly "upgraded" to an iPhone last month and now am missing some crucial features I used to use on the BB. Like true "push email", the ability to run more than one application at a time, apps running in the background, etc... quite a few annoyances.

Supposedly these things will be fixed in the next few upcoming months with later firmware, but currently it's quite the PITA.

On the plus side, for browsing and fun apps, you can't beat the iPhone, along with it's ability to connect via wifi.

Hard to say without knowing what you will be using it for. However I foresee myself going back to a Blackberry once something like the Thunder is out (if it ever comes out).

11. emorphien

emorphien New Member

Friend has had an iPhone for not quite a year now and doesn't much like it as a phone. I've used it a number of times and the interface feels a bit half baked in some ways and the lack of a physical keyboard is a drawback for me. I find I like the Curve keyboard quite a bit better and although there's less ridiculous software made for the Curve, it's got most everything I need/want and costs less.

12. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

They are actually application that fully install and run on the phone now. The idea was born out of the jailbreaking that was being done on the first version phone. There were a bunch of usefull free applications you could install and use. Apples half-assed response was web-based apps, and they quickly figured out how poor of an idea that was. So then along came the app store with great success.

Some apps do access web based information however like movie listing, reviews etc.