A&P Black and white film photography

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eph, Mar 10, 2009.

1. eph

eph :E

my first time to really pick up any kind of slr camera. i borrowed an old canon eos ( http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/..._eos650.html?lang=us&categ=crn&page=1986-1990 ).

all of these were taken for class. the projects ranged from simple DoF exercises to abstract ideas. Also, the scanner i used was pretty scratched up :greddy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for these next photos, there was no real dark room work done to them other than fixing contrast (no sandwiched negatives).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

The double exposures didn't turn out so great. The second two were a difficult to really see anything in them (perhaps a little more time exposing the paper under the lamp?) though the first one isn't too bad. You've got a lot of potential there (i think i had a similar assignment in my 10th grade photog class; lines, textures, etc.) 9 is good, as well as 3 & 4 being the strongest of this set. a way to improve the through-the-bottle shots would be to allow more of your subject visible off the side of it, so you can see more of your actual subject in focus. you could also try the same concept with a magnifying glass, and see if you can still focus your subject through that as well as straight from the lens.

3. Snowballer

Snowballer - Blissfully Insane -

I love black and white film. Haven't processed it in years since finding a darkroom to use is difficult. :swoon:

4. eph

eph :E

they aren't double exposures either. our teacher wanted us to do some crazy stuff and just experiment. so i grabbed a tripod and a 100-300mm lens, and went out at night (didn't have a shutter release). i exposed the film for a total of 30 seconds. for the first 15s or so starting w/ the zoom at 100 then zooming in for the remaining exposure.

she wanted us to just make people go.. "wtf am i looking at" :hsd:

5. Bloke

Bloke Banned

i never thought of that. hmm.