MMA bjj practitioners ftl

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 2, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So as some of you guys know Im getting ready for a fight this sunday so last thursday I went to the gym I used to go to but havent been to for awhile because I was preparing my striking for this next match. I go to the old gym to get some mma practice in with a different group of people before the fight to keep me sharp. I was looking to spar with this specific person because he was a boxer before he got into mma and thats what my opponents going to be. So I show up and hes not there I dont know him to well I just was hoping hed be there so I could spar him.

So then theres a crew of spanish guys that train in BJJ and they wanted to spar me since they heard I was working my striking hard. When I first started going to this school they gave me a hard time because I was into judo and when I first got there I couldnt do the throws right with out the gi. Eventually I got karos video on judo for mma and Im pretty good at it now but these guys are the type of guys who are always looking to prove that they are better then every one. Just a bad attitude for training.

So then one of the guys goes hey lets go mma. Im like ok lets do this. So I go and we start off and hes waiting for me to clinch him and all this bs so he can go get the take down. NOPE. I lunge in swarm his ass and knock the crap out of him for 5 minutes. Meanwhile his freinds video taping. He says he would give me a copy next tuesday after the training session so I could review it and see what I need to work on. Tuesday comes around and he says that the videos chopy and you couldnt see anything when I clearly saw when he was replaying it for his freind that got beat down that it was a clean video.

I pay them no mind and thought Id get some more practice in. Now the guy whos ass I kicked last week is back and he brought two of his bjj buddies. One of them wants to give it a go. So im like ok and own him. Then his buddy wants to do it to so I proceed with the same forumula and own him. Now that I have sparred two 5 min rounds the guy I beat last week wants to give it a go and then all of a sudden the camera makes an apperance again. Im thinking to myself are you serious? Fuck this shit Ill do it. So we give it a go.

I jab and circle a little bit throw some leg kicks and hes pretty scared then he jams me up into the corner and is trying hard to take me down. Im like nope. So I get a under hook in with my left hand and then push his elbow up with my right and and move around him and slam him into the corner and then the barage of knees starts coming. He clinches me hard with the desperation clinch and manages to get me down. We go into a scramble and I get side control but he quickly recovers and pulls me into his guard.

So now we are in his world. So we have a minute left to fight and i just put my hands under his arm pits trap his waiste with my elbows and then put my legs in tight and keep my head on his stomache and I say fuck it Im tired as hell and I dont want to ground and pound this kid. Then one of his freinds says

HES IN YOUR GUARD!!! YOUR IN THE DOMINANT POSITION!!!

I spit out my mouth peice because I started laughing and every ones like wtf and then I scream out the guards a domminant position. Let me show you my anti jiu jitzu... I shoot up fast to my legs while he still has the guard and puch my legs together to trap his legs together so he cant move and the ground and pound begins. Then he gets his legs out while im still pounding I step back and then drive forward hard into his guard and swarm him with punches fedor style. I let loose on him for the last minute of the sparring routine with ground and pound.

When the match was over I was covered in sweat and exhausted. I look over at him and I bet he was thanking god I had those nice thick combat sports sparring gloves. He was still pretty dizzy and it took him a minute to stand up. I go up to the guy that was recording and go did you capture it and he says nah it came out blurry. :squint:

So I just laugh. The funny thing is though my bjj skills have gotten a little rusty while I prepared for this match my submition defense has skyrocketted for some reason. With the match this close I guess its safe to tell you guys my strategy

Ive been working hard on my muay thai skills to be able to blow the boxer guy away. Take downs have never been a problem because Im a judoka and my single leg take down is pretty good but what I have been working on the hardest for the past month or two wasnt any of that. It was my ground and pound.

So tonight they tried to hate on me and they tried to get the best of me but once they saw my ground and pound I think I scared the crap out of them. This is good motivation because Sunday Im going to dismantle this kid. I HOPE HE PULLS GUARD:x:

2. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

yay judoka!
    but dude, i wouldn't say that bjj guys are assholes, just those guys seemed to be out to start shit. Fuck em, good luck on your fight, and oh....... get vids if you can, and make sure they're smooth and not choppy LOLZ

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

nah I know alot of bjj guys that are cool but these guys were like the stereo typical bjj guys that think that they are the shit. When I fight the one guy he never wears gloves because he said he doesnt know how to strike and doesnt need to know how

4. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

that's fucking retarded
    that's like the boxer who fought a k1 match and chose to wear shoes cuz he didn't think he'd need to learn how to kick.

But believe me, i've run into my fair share of fucking douchenozzle judokas in the 2 biggest clubs in Vancouver. They've got their own little clique and they try to act hard in front of each other. Fuck those assholes, i'd have beat them at their own game if I were in your situation, but good job on playing your game and tooling them.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah judoka can get pretty cocky too

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

neat!

7. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

i usually don't say this but god damn... lose the ego man. believe it or not you are NOT karo or fedor. there are junior varsity high school wrestlers who would rape you so bad let alone good fighters.

go fight someone worth a damn and then come back and post, otherwise STFU.

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That was my impression as well.

9. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Pot meet Kettle. In your post what you saying and what you were doing was/is just as bad as what they were doing. So you someone who has trained more, and probably harder since you have upcoming fight beat some people that have one-dimensional games with your multi-dimensional game. Who would of thought that would of happened. :rolleyes:

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I dont think Im arrogant but if thats how it came off to each their own. I went in there with the objective to spar and no this guy wasnt a BJJ white belt he is a brown belt and has had more fights in mma then I have. Hes had 3 pro fights already and im just getting my feet wet with ametuer. So I didnt hold back because I needed to test myself and the whole process only made him stronger because now he understands the difference between grappeling for grappelings sake and grappeling for mma.

the way I see it we will probably be using each other as sparring partners more often because theres a fun little rivalry now. I know he is going to go up against a muay thai guy in his next fight so he will probably end up asking me to spar with him to get ready and if I need to work more on my ground game I would most likely go to him.

Im amped and charged up for my fight sunday and im in the train of thought for it so if I sound arrogant or cocky thats just how I am to psyche myself up. Thats just the way I am.

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

don't try to pidgeon hole every practitioner into one stereotype. i used to think that bjj'rs would be really arrogant if i told 'em i did judo. went ot a local club and they were all really cool with it and had respect for it. those guys were pricks, but no need to lump 'em all together.

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah your right it was a heat of the moment comment I was a little to amp when I posted this... any ways im getting really anxious tomorrow I have work till 4:30 and then I I have to take a flight right after to jersey cant wait :x:

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Get over it and yourself

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter