MMA BJJ/MMA Pet Peeves v. Iknowwe'vedonethisbefore

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Hillary, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

BJJ FAQ thread reminded me of some of these.

1)RUBBER GUARD. When you know what you're doing, alright, fine, but christ. I ref 10 or so tournaments a year, probably 50+ matches at each, and I'm sick of seeing guys who don't know how the fuck to do an armbar working on the rubber guard and, of course, doing it wrong.

2)When at class, instructor teaches a technique and a couple guys do it twice or three times each then sit around and chat. Parrumpinha from ATT handled this the best I've seen, "So how long have you two been seeing each other?" They went back to drilling.

3)BJJ standup or sparring training...the guy that just circles. No jabs, no attacks. Just circles and runs. Ugh.

2. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

4) People who ask the instructor if various techniques "would really work in a street fight".

5) People who have never competed rolling in class for the purpose of "moving up the ranks" and think that the goal of rolling is to win by using only the techniques that they are already good at.

6) People that nod and smile at the instructor while he is concluding the explanation of a technique as if they had some sort of unique epiphany and are the only people in the room that understand. That's why everyone goes to class.

3. Sylva

Sylva New Member

7)People who use neck cranks or "can openers"

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I love em, but try not to use them in sparring. It's part of our CSW curriculum. :o

8) People asking about X Guard without learning any other open guard techniques. Or even having a good closed guard. Or even any stripes on their white belt. One thing at a time, friend.

5. Killyin

Killyin Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies.

1) Machismo

2) Sloppy mother fuckers. I took a massive knee to the balls from some stupid kid who got all sloppy while trying to roll out of a kimura I had him in from guard.

3) "Dead fish" people. Resist at least a little bit while drilling or learning new techniques. Don't just flop around like Paris Hilton in bed for fuck sakes.

6. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Big guys who use their weight/strenght to use a single move to beat up on smaller guys.

Guys who come in and talk about how they want to get in bar fights to show off this sweet new technique.

7. Killyin

You'll find a lot of these guys turn into pussies when you hit them with a couple nice shots. :o

8. Ricey McRicerton

No striking in any of the classes I go to, but I definately do things rolling with them that I won't do to guys who've been here a little while (plant my hand on their face to step over for an arm bar/crossface them/heavy face pressure from side control type stuff) just to get the point across.

9. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

1) the fact that i literally have to sit around for a minute or two and "write" out the steps in the air just for it to sink in.

2) People who only use muscle during sparring/matches and then win just due to the fact that they were bigger and stronger than me yet didn't have that good of a technique.

3) People who say BJJ is for "fags" yet they're sitting around playing WoW about 4 hours out of each day.

10. Killyin

I'm just saying "in general". I'm all for being a little rough while rolling with dickheads and spaz kids.

11. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Efffective or doing anything besides giving me a stiff next the next morning, they are not.

12. Ricey McRicerton

The only time I've gotten seriously pissed rolling was because our dickbag boxing instructor had picked me up by my lapels with my guard closed aroud his waist and him standing, and then swapped to a neck crank. :mad: Fuck that guy so hard.

13. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

People who pick me up from guard and then proceed to slam the fuck out of me causing my back/tailbone/neck to hurt and my lip to bleed.

14. Killyin

you split your lip too?

15. Kenny Dalglish

not totally split like if i got punched.. just bled for a while.. first blood on gi!

16. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

People who work the same fucking technique while rolling every fucking day and never try anything new to develop their skills because they dont want to risk losing in class.

People who roll every match like its AbuDabi.

People who have an attitude the first time you roll with them. [Need to be humbled.]

People who fucking stink. Feet/Gi/etc.

People who go for submissions 100% all at once in class.

17. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

at our academy, we get a lot of wrestlers and marines, so everything we do is %110 with these guys. shit sucks when all you wanna do is drill technique and they dont want to give you an inch. i usually just stay patient until its sparring or drilling time, and get them back then.

18. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

oh, and hygiene. i hate when people smell like they havent bathed in days, and have unkept nails. i have so many scars on my ankles/feet, wrist/hands from people clawing at them.

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

FKN .

20. Kenny Dalglish

21. MyLittleAirport

I've never seen this before, except during randori but randori is not mandatory. During the technique classes, people listen and drill the moves and no one chats around and I probably know the reason why. If you're paying as much as we are here in CO, I would pay attention too and try to get the most of my hour :o

22. MyLittleAirport

I rolled with this one wrestler the other day, he was like, "I don't like hurting people blah blah blah" and I'm like "hahah sure man, you're a wrestler dude" and he's like "nah for reals, I try not to hurt people when I wrestle." And he's been wrestling since he was four.

So we roll and I find out I have to roll 100% with him :squint:

23. Kenny Dalglish

dude seriously.. whenever it's a wrestler I have to go ALL out or else I'm just going to end up getting stacked for an hour.. Theres no working for grips, no going 80% to work on technique.. my thing is if you wanna wrestle go wrestle.. if you wanna be a bjj player.. start fresh

24. Kenny Dalglish

whats the point of trying to destroy my neck to pass my guard or submit me during TRAINING

25. ZZex

ZZex New Member

people with smelly gis. Ironically the guy with the worst smelling gi is Brazilian and loves moving from side to north south.

neck cranks. Took 2 days off cause some dude neck cranked the shit out of me. Sad thing is that he didn't even know he was neck cranking.

Everything else I don't mind