MMA BJ is now accusing GSP of...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

[using steroids...then backpeddles, kinda sorta]

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/BJ-Penn-apologizes-to-all-parties-involved.html

BJ Penn apologizes to "all parties involved."

by Jason Benfari on August 07, 2009
    [​IMG]

"I just read Yahoo's interview with me today and during the interview Kevin Iole asked me 'Do I have to have bad blood with all of my opponents?' And I said, 'No that's just that's just what it looks like to the new fans.' The only reason why I had bad blood with Sherk & GSP is because it was my opinion that they were doing steroids and I never thought Kevin Iole would do such a big investigation to call Greg Jackson, to call Sheri Spencer and all these people and I really don't like how article came out. I'm fighting Kenny Florian and there shouldn't have been an article out with one-third of the article talking about me saying GSP does steroids, so I want to apologize to all parties involved. To Kevin Iole: I just wanted to send a message out to you. I'm not mad at you or disappointed. I realize that good journalism... you gotta get a good interesting story. I just didn't know that this story was gonna be, you know, so much about GSP and steroid use and with that whole investigation. Because I haven't been doing work with Sherdog and MMAWeekly, I don't want it to seem like I'm mad at you because you asked me if you could put my opinion up and I said yeah it was okay for you to put my opinion up, but I just didn't know that a big part of the article was going to be about steroid use."

-UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn apologizes to all parties involved after he accused UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre of steroid use in a column written by MMA insider Kevin Iole which appeared yesterday on Yahoo! Sports. Its interesting to note that Penn doesn't take back his steroid allegations so its difficult to ascertain just what he's apologizing for.

Penn (13-5-1) will face Kenny Florian (11-3) this Saturday at UFC 101 in a fight which will likely help determine his shaky status among the world's best fighters pound-for-pound. He's been going back-and-forth verbally with St. Pierre since losing a one-sided affair against the welterweight champion last January at UFC 94. Penn claimed he was intentionally pegged as the "bad guy" in UFC specials leading up to the fight and has been noticeably more humble in interviews heading into his fight with Florian.

Penn, who's had a rough go of it in the media lately, can fix many of his PR issues with a decisive win against Florian at UFC 101. Nothing cures negative public perceptions like a big win.

2. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

BJ's such a classy guy

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:wtf:

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

everybody loves Brock Lesnar after he beat Mir

5. machine

machine Welcome to the Machine OT Supporter

He's my new fave.

6. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

All buff looking dudes do roids duh.

7. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I seriously can't tell if BJ is trying to troll on epic proportions.

He never really apologized for the accusation, he just didn't like the way it came off.:ugh:

I think BJ is an amazing fighter and I used to love his antics, but I can't anymore. If he was trolling people then it wouldn't bother me so much, but I actually think he believes it.

8. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

He has ab envy.

9. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

BJ got his black belt in troll jitsu in 2.5 years, unheard of by most practitioners.

10. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

word

i mean, War Machine is completely sane now that he's on a winning streak

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

It's called Frank Mir Syndrome. Popularized by the domination of one massive douche bag by one slightly less douchy douche bag in February of 2008. By beating someone of a higher douche magnitude it may help people forgive you for prior douchiness. However this theory was put to rest 8 months later when Michael Bisping magnificently propelled past Chris Leben on the douche scale after beating him. Something scientists are considering an anomaly that will not happen again.

12. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

goddammit ::rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

Wat?

14. Placebo

Placebo New Member

:bowrofl: Hahaha