SRS Bizzare Love Triangle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NotSoSmart, Dec 1, 2006.

1. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Don't you love my 80s reference? :hsugh:

Anyways, I started hanging out with someone local - but she has been taken for 5yrs. No big deal, I have plenty of female friends that are taken. I've always been able to seperate the friendship from the romance, no matter how close I got.

It didn't quite workout like that this time :hs: We have so much in common, everything just...clicks. No matter what we say to each other, it makes sense. Sometimes we even complete each other's thoughts. Then the whole holiday weekend -- we hung out and it screwed my head big time. Nothing happend physical, but sparks did fly...

These feelings linger inside of me, and our romantic talk starts to gain momentum and it just becomes a landslide for me emotionally...I decided to confront her and she said she knew it was coming, but was hoping to avoid it. She loves her BF b/c he would love her no matter what his decision is, but she loves me for the adventure and how I make every little thing seem so exciting. :hsd:

We sort of went to sleep without any real decision having been made -- but I suggested that we stop talking to each other at all, but I don't want to do that. She's such a great friend, but I want to move on. But every inch of me says I'm missing out on something great...I mean, they're not married yet...who is to say that something won't happen and I can be there for her?

:greddy: i know...I have never waited for anyone in my life before. That's why I feel like total crap...For the first time, I feel like I can't move on. :hs:

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

What kind of person knowingly attempts to attach themself to someone they know is in a long-term relationship? Do you have severe self esteem issues? I notice you said you have pleanty of female friends that are taken...does it make things easier for you if they are taken?

You sound like an emotional teenager. She is taken, stay the fuck away from her before you really fuck things up for yourself, for her, and for the guy she is with.

3. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Uh. I'm just making a statment based on the fact that I have managed friendshipds before without getting attached. I have plenty that aren't taken. I didn't purposely get attached...the damn feeling was reciprical and so i went with it. stupid i know.

Meh. you're right.

4. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

I knew this answer, I just couldn't accept it for some reason...Thanks. I can do this...

5. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

If you can't we will be there to bust your balls too! :big grin:

6. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

it's stoopid b/c i wish i had the balls to just ignore the initial advancements in the first place. My balls need busting from the get go -- My heart and mind were like in a civil war and I couldn't act the way I wanted to. You'd figure after 23 yrs, I'd figure it out.

7. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Told her "Good Bye"...EEK. It's hard ignoring her phone calls right now...:o

This sucks. Half of me wants to leave work and go get trashed the other half is like 'no, you gotta finish this project!' lol.

8. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

thanks man...she's left multiple voicemails and fuck it. I'm trying to not listen, but it's so hard. I hope she doesn't drop by my house today -- or I'll give in like a mutha...

It's cold, so maybe she won't, hehe.

9. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Yeah...i'm just gonna chill for now and try not to think about it. I have more important matters on my hand. I can't worry about a bia all day...Dammnit.

Thanks man...having some place to let it out to really helps out.

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

If she's your friend she should understand that you need to do this to feel better. She'd be pretty selfish to try to contact you even though she knows it will make you feel worse. If she really needs you in her life then why would she still be with this other guy ?

11. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

I haven't a clue man. You know, on TK day, we went to the mall and chilled all day, and then I went home to go eat w/ the family. Afterwards, she called me and wanted to hang out some more. So we went to a park and just walked around in the freezing cold all night...At the end of the night, I gave her a small peck on the cheek and she said ever since then, she couldn't stop thinking about me...it's likewise, I can assure you. Her dood friend was also in town, why was she with me...

I avoiding her like the plague for the rest of the weekend because I didn't want my legs chopped off by a raging dood friend, lol. It's not like I want to break something good up either...I dunno. I got lost last night, but OT is guiding me back...thanks. :sadwavey:

12. Scoop

Scoop New Member

if ive learned anything from the movies....if you ruin their relationship hes going to come after you with guns blazing ready to use your face as a mask.

but seriously, i was in a very similar situation as you. after a while i just had to back up myself because i didn't want to fuck up the girls relationship. I felt like I was just being used as an intellectual whore at the time. she ended up breaking up with her boyfriend on her own but i never had a desire to move in afterward. (too available at that point maybe? lol. dont know what happened)

13. Create

Create :free at last:

If she's the same age, 23, that means she's been with the same guy from 18 to 23. I'm sure she's curious.

14. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

That's what i feel like right now...But it's not the typical attention whorish type shit that most girls are. I can usually figure those out really quickly, and just leave those alone...somehow I feel that this one is different. Like one of those love stories you see in the movies that will finally happen after many many years. Damn I feel like a fruit just saying that. :mamoru:

15. Scoop

Scoop New Member

when i read this thread, it was a cheesy chick flick, but im tellin you i felt the exact same way lol.

"oh no, this girl is different, her boyfriends a jerk and im so much better, no wonder she always wants to hang out with me"

seems like she might have just wanted you as a friend, but you stepped it up a notch confusing her. don't get butt hurt if it turns out not working out in your favor is all im saying...attachment to a girl in a relationship is not good times.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I was in a love "square" earlier this year...that shit was horrible.

17. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

yeah. I was there last year...lost 2 best friends out of it. But it was for the best as they turned out they were talking behind my back. (Not that i acted perfectly in the situation...but it didn't necessarily warrant the shit talk they they enacted upon). Sometimes you don't really know who your friends are, over something as petty as a girl...

How come it feels like i'm back in square 1 all of a sudden :hs:

18. Scoop

Scoop New Member

jesus, doesnt that teach you not to fuck around with people already in relationships? if you were trying to steal a girl away from me id talk shit about you also lol...

19. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Haha, well it was different then...Me and her mutually liked each other, and were both single. Apparantly the powers that be, didn't want us together, so I left it at that and moved on.

Asshat drama FTMFL.

20. the13thzen

the13thzen New Member

"All's fair in love and war"
    ~Francis Edward Smedley