Bizarre Network Cable Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shifty Capone, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Shifty Capone

Shifty Capone New Member

Hey all,
    I came home today to find my computer(os = windows xp), which i left on all day, to be without internet and when i checked my network connection it said network cable unplugged, but the all of the cables are defintely plugged in to both my router and my computer. Also there was a error box that popped up saying the system recovered from a serious error :eek3: I even checked the connection of my ethernet card to the comp, and its fine...so i have no idea. I tried a system restore thinking it might be something retarded my mom might have done, but to no avail...im thinking about trying a format to see if it fixes it, but i dont wanna get through all of it just to have the stupid error message popup....

any ideas? thanks

cliffs=error box saying network cable is unplugged comes up, all physical connections to the comp are secure and the send/recieve in status has numbers showing up......have no idea what to do

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

try a new cable, just in case. Otherwise sounds like a driver problem. You can try a new NIC, or format.

3. Shifty Capone

Shifty Capone New Member

thnx, new cable fixed it