Bittorrent Problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nish81, Oct 17, 2006.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

My default bittorrent client is BitLord: today I started a task, and it wouldn't connect to the tracker. No matter which task I started and no matter which tracker I used, it wouldn't connect - and these were tasks that were running fine 10 hours ago.
    I also know the bitlord sucks, but it's the only client that lets me connect to users: bitcomet and utorrent both connect to the trackers just fine, (while bitlord doesn't) but neither of them can connect to seeders. utorrent says I have a problem with my port forwarding, but I've tried forever to solve this and I can't. bitcomet just plain doesn't work.
    bitcomet and utorrent have had this connection problem for ages, but bitlord always used to work, (and it would connect to seeds as well!)
    now nothing works, but for different reasons - anyone have any suggestions?:hs:

2. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

Are you connected to the internet from your own home connection/network or a public/university network?

Unless it's your own connection, the admin of the network may have blocks the ports (without notifying you - ghey, but not surprising).

3. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

It's my own connection, but I talked to the admin and they use NAT and wont tell me the model number of the router, (they told me it's a cisco router, but nothing else) and therefore I can't do any port forwarding :squint:

4. samm

samm Next in Line

apartment network?

get cable or DSL then.

5. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

The tracker may have blocked your application as well. Bitcomet is banned from just about every private tracker out there.

6. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

not an apartment network, just a connection that we pay for ourselves - normal internet. it's broadband, and we use a 'navini' modem.

It's bitlord that's having problems connecting - bitcomet and utorrent both connect to the tracker fine, but can't connect to any peers/seeds.

7. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

Why?

I've never used Bitcomet. I use the official client. Lately it's been getting really good - can finally prioritize files to download first, and it has all the other features I need, all without running dog slow (unlike Azureus when I used to use it).