SRS bittersweet?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crashspeeder, Mar 24, 2006.

1. crashspeeder

crashspeeder Interesting Title

backstory:
    my gf and i broke up (friendly breakup) in october, she has a new bf which is cool and i'm happy for her. i still have nobody, hell it took me forever to find her. i recently got promoted at work but am looking for another job regardless since my current job is a dead-end job while i'm looking for a career. i'm currently in school for computer information systems, web programing in particular.

so what's wrong? well i have no idea. a little depressed due to the GF situation, happy because even though i'm at a dead end job i'm moving up, and i think i'm stressed to hell too. example: yesterday i couldn't go to my second class because i had such a bad headache. i wasn't sick and yet my head was pouding all the way home. i went home and noticed my left eye was RETARDEDLY bloodshot. i figured i was just stressed from work and took a nap followed by sleeping through the night til class this morning. i felt great this morning.

i have a few interviews lined up for career related jobs and one just fell through but i'm optimistic that i'll get one of them, and if not now then very soon. i guess i'm saying that i have no idea what's going on in my life, it's just all happening and i have no control over it. what would make me happy right about now? a career, still attending school or being done with a degree, but most definitely somebody to share the good and bad times with and the time to spend with them because my school + work schedules right now allow for no time to myself whatsoever.

2. crashspeeder

of course she IMs me tonight for the first time in ages to make matters worse

3. McFly

McFly New Member

I just got an IM from a girl I was seeing for a while but we havent spoke in months. Of course our simple convo sent me into a spin of thoughts. She lives in fast forward and I really wish she was more patient with some things in life.

She is one of the most intelligent girls I have ever met but she lets her emotions run her life sometimes. The tragic flaw of most females...

4. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

^ 2 examples as to why ex's should be deleted from buddy lists, cell phones, and e-mail contacts immediately upon breakup

5. crashspeeder

i wish i could

6. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

yep hardest thing is to let go

7. crashspeeder

but also the fact that we broke up on good terms, she lives 5 minutes from my house and we shared a year and a half of our lives together.

8. crashspeeder

i'm gonna go see her for the first time in 6 months later today. i dunno whether i should even make a move. she may have been a bit of a nut but goddamnit i loved her and i still do. and damn we had good times in bed too.

9. crashspeeder

i may have just gained a friend with benefits. she didn't want us to do anything because she didn't want attachment....and we ended up making out, feeling eachother up and dryhumping.........hopefully it'll work out for the best.

10. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

ok well good luck wit taht

11. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

I know how you feel, but you really need to stop looking back and start focusing more on YOUR future. That girl was in your life for a reason and now she's left. Let it be and move on completely.

12. crashspeeder

i might as well have my fun while doing it. or do you guys think it's a horrible, horrible idea that should be avoided at all costs?

13. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

its really up to your morals and beliefs. if shes not important in your life anymore, make your own decision for how you want to treat her. others may do differently, but its your call.

14. crashspeeder

the thing is she'll be going off to college far away and i'm already in college. she said herself that what we did yesterday was fine as long as there's no attachment.

15. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

ok if she's fine with it as well, even better. as long as there's no attachment. ;)

16. crashspeeder

that's gonna be the hard part...but we'll see how it goes