Bitch shields

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Leftychang, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Leftychang

Leftychang OT Supporter

i hope i dont need to explain the title, how have you dealt with them?

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's not a bitch shield.

A bitch shield is a defense mechanism a girl develops over time from constantly being hit on. It doesn't necessarily mean she is a bitch, it just means she's so sick of constantly being hit on that she's developed ways to shoot guys down instantly the moment she thinks she's being hit on, which is pretty much any time any guy she doesn't know attempts any form of communication with her.

Take a girl who, every time she goes out, has guys offer to buy her drinks and try to "get to know her." She hears "Hi! Wow, you're beautiful. Can I buy you a drink?" 50 times a night. Eventually, she gets sick of this and starts saying "no, thanks." But she keeps getting hit on. Soon "no, thanks" turns into "No," which eventually turns into "fuck off."

Eventually, the conversation goes like this:

Guy: "Hi..."
    Girl: "Fuck off, asshole! I'm not sleeping with you."

That's a bitch shield.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

my take from it was more along the lines that girls are more likely to have a front during typical pick up scenes....and less likely outside of those scenarios... therefor one way to avoid it would be to practice your game when they are least prepared to shoot it down.

5. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

You move on to a girl who is more interested. :ugh: Many girls put up bitch shields with the purpose of having guys avoid her.

6. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

It's gotta be something I'm doing obviously, but i still find the exact opposite to be true. It's like at the supermarket girls are all "who the hell is this guy?! What does he want? I bet he wants to chop me up and put me in his freezer! :noes: " but when I'm at the bar its more like "who the hell is this guy who wants to fuck? hmmm... maybe :naughtyd:"

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

sort of thing where if u dont believe in it, it goes away. Second best: act as if you didnt believe in it.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I have a "bitch shield" (if you can call it that) on almost all the time when I'm out. Basically it's exactly what Falconer was saying.

9. arseclown

arseclown Guest

is the best way to get around the bitch shield in a normal, everyday setting to just strike up random-ass conversation if the opportunity is presented at random

like, say i drop something at the store and it falls on this girl and she like giggles or some shit. that's like a perfect segway to random-ass conversation w/ the bitch shield removed right? cause it's not as direct as someone just starting talking to you just "cause you're pretty". right?

10. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

bitch shield = girl thinks you're hitting on her

avoid it by letting her think you're not hitting on her

ask neutral questions, talk about your gf, tell er you're gay, tell her she's not your type although very pretty, make her pull your finger and then make a farting noise with your mouth

these are negs, for you aspiring puas

...of course you will have to be prepared to explain away your "gf" or how you are gay when you are making out with her... but you guys are smart you can figure it out i htink

edit: please no comments about how these things don't work because i wo'nt respond to such hogwash by people who have never even tried it. they have all been tested and have worked (very VERY well)

11. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

also start to see these sorts of things as giving value vs. taking value

if the girl thinks you're just trying to take value form her (get her validation... get her sex... whatever..), which she will think if you hit on her in a very incompetent lame-o chode manner, she is going to give you that bitch shield

but if the girl thinks you're there to GIVE value and you're non-needy, etc. (one easy way of displaying this if you can't do it with just your vibe is what i suggested in the post above) then you will not get the bitch shield

That's why something like "hey i think you're cute, bla hbalhbalh" can work - because if it's said in a way where you're just a cool guy who doesn't NEED to TAKE anything (value) from her - then she at the very least will just take it as a compliment and politely tell you thank you but i have a bf... and at best will continue the conversation and see what other game you have to throw at her

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Maybe, though that shit would be rare as hell.

13. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

:rofl:

I hope this isn't serious, you want to talk about your gf to hit on a girl?

"Hey baby, you into promiscuity? You know the Greeks were promiscuous, look what they accomplished. I'll be your Zeus if you'll be my Hera."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

No the point is you defuse the girl by mentioning your gf, she therefore won't automatically assume everything out of your mouth is some ruse to get into her pants, and you are able to make a more honest impression on her. But then have to somehow make the gf disappear.

I'm a big fan of the "God you are cute, it's a shame that you aren't my type though :hs:", no need to make yourself ungay, or get rid of the gf.

15. swenjj

swenjj New Member

if someone is acting like a bitch, then she is a bitch
    if you were actually really nice and all that, you would not be acting like a bitch

if i was an asshole to everyone all night, could i just say hey i am actually a really nice guy, i just am acting like an ass tonight

if someone acts like a bitch, just assume they are a bitch and move on

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: That is so far from the truth it's funny.

[hot] Girls get hit on CONSTANTLY, so they develop a bitch "shield" in order to scare off a lot of guys automatically. I have plenty of female friends who are as nice as possible to me and other friends, but the BIGGEST bitches to other random guys that come around.

If you had 30 random girls (lets say ugly ones for arguments sake) approach you a day you would develop the same sort of auto defense to try and scare them off before they even approach you. (I said ugly, because I doubt to many guys would have any issue with 30 hot girls approaching them)

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Thank you!

I am super nice to everyone I usually meet (in fact my SO used to crack up when people on here called me bitchy, because irl I am far far from it). However, after years and years of getting hit on when I never wanted to get hit on I of course formed a sort of "bitch shield" if you will. Now of course this shield is strongest when a guy comes up to me with that usual smugness of "I'm going to get in this girls' pants, but that's just because I can read a guy from a mile away. It is only the genuine guys that say or do something clever that ever get my attention.

18. swenjj

swenjj New Member

if you are acting like a bitch to everyone that talks to you then you are a bitch,plain and simple, you can pretend its just an act but you dont have to be a bitch, just say you arent interested

can i be a dick everytime i am out in public and just say "oh, i am nice at home"?

19. JohnJohnJohnson

that's only true as long as saying "oh i'm not interested" axlly works

20. iwishyouwerebeer

You're just not getting it. I'm not a bitch to everyone I meet. When I am introduced to someone I greet them warmly. It is when I am out at a bar enjoying myself, and some skeezeball walks up using some pathetic line, that I most likely ignore him with my "bitch shield." Why should I be falsely nicer and interested in him if I have no interest in him? I usually will say "no thanks, not interested" or something along those lines right out front so he knows not to waste his time on me and to go find a girl who will fall for his crap. If that supposedly means I'm just a bitch all around than you are just irrational and bitter.

21. swenjj

swenjj New Member

i said right in my post to just say not interested, so not sure why you are responding like that, if you say no thanks not interested,then that isnt being a bitch-not to me it isnt at least,, but if you want to get bitchy and start calling names then i guess go for it :noes:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

But I never said anywhere in my original post about calling names. All we've been trying to say the whole thread is that sometimes, when a woman gets hit on a lot over the years she eventually can get very sick of it. What does she do? She puts up a guard so that she can usually shoo a guy away because she just doesn't want to bother with that shit. Does not by any means mean she is a bitch (depends of course on how she handles the situation) all the time. My point was just that I am a super nice and friendly to usually everyone I meet, but then again, I usually meet people I want to meet. Unwanted advances are always going to annoy me and make me excuse myself from their presence. If that is bitchy than so be it, at least I don't have to listen to tired pick-up lines.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

You are not a bitch. :h5:

24. swenjj

swenjj New Member

i didnt say anything about calling the people hitting on you names, i was talking of the fact that i disagree with you so immediatley you start saying i am irrational and bitter, seems pretty bitchy to me

i wasnt even posting about you directly, my first post was just about what people call the bitch shield or whatever, a general statement saying if you are out acting like a bitch then that pretty much means you are a bitch, are you saying you reserve the right to treat guys like you are a bitch,but to not really be one?

it doesnt matter anyway, if you want to be bitchy with someone at a bar, or bitchy with someone online who says something you dont agree with, then i guess you can say you arent a bitch, doesnt matter to me

25. Ferrari430

Ferrari430 New Member

swenjj: does it take a sledge hammer to hit the idea home that this chick is not at all bitchy? maybe your just ultra-sensitive and perhaps even insecure because as far as i can tell, nothin iwishyouwerebeer said sounded bitchy to me, but rather logical (and i'm a guy, not a girl taking side with her)..Lets just leave it at that, why argue over stupid shit like this