MMA Bisping breaks down Ace vs. Hendo

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Sep 17, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- BISPING BREAKS DOWN FRANKLIN VS. HENDERSON [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - by Damon Martin - [/FONT]
    As Rich Franklin and Dan Henderson get ready for their main event match-up at UFC 93 in Dublin, Ireland, Michael Bisping, who will serve as coach against the winner on the next season of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality show weighed in with his thoughts on the bout and who he believes will win.

Since dropping to the middleweight division in early 2008, Bisping has been a hot prospect to make his way to the top of the weight class and work for a title shot. His best opportunity may come at the end of the ninth season of The Ultimate Fighter, as he will face either Henderson or Franklin.

The popular British fighter says that's exactly the fight he wants.

"I wanted one of those two guys cause their two of the best in the world, and probably No. 2 and 3 in the middleweight division," Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio recently. "So they're the guys I want to fight. There's idiots on the Internet that say I dodge good fighters and this and that, and that kind of annoys me a little bit and that's why I want to fight these guys."

With the Franklin vs. Henderson bout on the horizon and the filming of the show starting soon after the Jan. 17 event, Bisping says that he will be in Dublin for the show and will keep a very watchful eye on the main event.

"I've been watching that fight very closely," he stated. "I think it's a fantastic fight. I think it's definitely got the potential, apart from the fact that it's in January, I'd say Fight of the Year."

So how does Bisping, who competed and won the third season of The Ultimate Fighter, feel this fight between Franklin and Henderson will go?

"Rich Franklin is probably the smarter fighter out of the two. I think he's got better footwork, probably more technically composed fighter. Dan's got great knockout power obviously. They're both fantastic fighters," Bisping commented.

"If I had to pick a winner, I'd probably go out on a limb and say Rich Franklin by decision, to be honest."

Will it be Rich Franklin returning to The Ultimate Fighter house for his second term as coach? Jan. 17 will tell the tale.
  2. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Dec 30, 2003
    wow, he has some real pain in those eyes.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I think bisping is underated. Especially since 11 of his fights have ended in the first round. IMO he has proven that he can beat the majority of mma fighters out there. When he beat Leben he prooved to me that at the very least he will make for a good gate keeper. If you can beat bisping you are definately a contender for the title.

I used to hate on him alot but he has been producing. His only loss is to rashad and thats respectable since rashad is now the UFC LHW champion. I think he fares a lot better at MW then he does at LHW. I want to see how he does against top level competition. I dont think its a wise decision to throw him at Hendo or Franklin at first. I would have liked to see him fight some more gate keepers like Nate Quarry or pahlares before moving on to a big dog.

Lets see what happens though. What ever the result Im sure it will be interesting. Im hoping hendo wins the fight because hendo looks a lot better at 205 then rich does