Birthday present idea for 19 year old girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by enigmatic, Jul 12, 2008.

1. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

She'll be turning 19. I already ordered her something useful she wants, and will be getting her a season or two of her favorite show. Besides dinner, I want to throw in one bigger present that's affordable for a college budget.

PS - I read the other threads in the Sticky, nothing really helped. Ex: a spa...no car on campus + no spa = fail.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You've done enough.

Dinner, 2 seasons of a tv show, and a useful present...that's way more than enough.

Does she give you sex anytime you ask? Does she do all your cooking/cleaning?

I'm being serious man, what does she do to deserve all that? You've probably spent, what $50-100 already? And you want MORE ideas?

Besides...the more you give her now, the more you're setting the expectation for any future birthdays.

3. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

Useful present was cheap though ($15) - she wanted to be able to put ringtones, mp3s, etc on her camera, we tried doing it one night but she ended up needing a data cable and microSD card. She said (this was 2 months ago) that she'd tell her parents to get it for her, but I 99.9% doubt they could figure out what it needed and that she would honestly not tell, so I went ahead and got it for her (see, keeping things in mind).

I haven't ordered the seasons yet, but I know there is one thing she really wants but it is winter pajamas from Victoria Secret, but it's not out yet (she saw it while shopping a year ago, loved it, and I just remember since then to eventualy get them). Any place I can find winter clothing?

Appreciate the help btw.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Well, since you're missing the point ENTIRELY...can I get some late bday presents from you??

You seem very generous. Are you rich?

5. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

I know the point of what you're saying and the point of a gift. Not rich at all. If I was, sure then :)

Alright, the useful, the thoughtful (seasons), and dinner. Sounds good!

6. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

no spa locally (that we can get to)

7. fray

fray New Member

I see where you're going with this, because sometimes it can really backfire/snowball. But, I think this depends on the girl, and what she does for his birthdays, etc. (not that she necessarily gives him unlimited sex and cleaning).

Maybe he just really appreciates her and enjoys his relationship with her. As long as she is not a selfish bitch, I see nothing wrong with spending more. My boyfriend probably spent $350 on me for my last b-day. I have spent equal amounts on him, but we have also done holidays where we didn't get each other anything at all.

As long as both parties are reasonable, there is nothing wrong with going all out (as much as you can). ...just make sure you have an idea if the girlfriend is reasonable.

8. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

Well I'm saying that for us to leave campus, get to this spa, and come back would be impossible because it is not near a bus route.

9. fray

fray New Member

You could get some nice massage oil and do some romantic night where you give her a massage.

10. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

What does massage oil actually do? And sounds like an awesome idea man!

11. jonno

jonno New Member

nice dinner + nice hotel room :naughtyd:

12. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

makes you all lubed up and slippery for a great massage, and helps loosen the muscles. seriously, you could have an awesome night by taking her out to dinner and then back to the room, lighting some candles (probably illegal on campus...), and giving her a massage.

13. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

Yeah we can't do candles because the smoke would set off the alarm.

Always could find some relaxing music though, dim the lights, and give her a lengthy massage all over. The techniques seem pretty easy, even made up at times. I watched a few videos on youtube for lessons. Seems like a moderate amount of oil, light pressure moves at first and move into warming up the muscle, then more vigorous ones after with a cool down rub at the end.

:bowdown:

14. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

candles would not set off an alarm

15. fray

fray New Member

like yankee said, just lubes everything up. it makes your hands glide over her body better, and you can get scented too.

Technique, just try not to get to "stabby" or too hard with your motions. You can just start slow and ask her to let you know if she wants you to change anything as you go along. You're on the right path with looking at guides.

I don't think candles are going to set off any alarms. (If they're smoking, you're doing something wrong.) Even so, you can make it romantic without them. Hell, they even sell those fake candles that just have little lights in them.

16. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

I thought it lets off smoke?

17. fray

fray New Member

They may smoke a little for 2 seconds when you first light it and when you blow it out, but that's all and it's not enough to set off a fire alarm.

18. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

:bowdown:

Now I need to find affordable, small candles.

19. fray

fray New Member

no offense, but how have you never used a candle before?

20. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

:rofl:

go to the dollar store and buy candles. very cheap.

my boyfriends mom bought me one with a battery because she knew we couldnt have candles in the dorm. Its actually pretty nice with a little flicker and everything.

and I did hear of a story where a guy lit a bunch of candles in his girlfriends room and waited for her to return from class to surprise her. When she returned, everyone was standing outside and the sprinkler system was going off...

21. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

lol exactly - that's what i don't want. i'll get the small cnaldes, but still - smoke into the air = no fire alarm?

22. knucks

knucks Active Member

Candles may not set off the alarm but if you have RAs they'll probably smell them and bitch.

23. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Story is wrong. Sprinkler heads activate by a glass vial of liquid busting open that plugs the water. The only way that a candle would set off a sprinkler is if you were to hold the candle up to the head for several seconds.

Candles will smoke when first lit and more when put out. If you do use them I would only use 2-4, away from the detector, lit with a lighter (matches smoke alot) and put them out one by one. There should be no problem, but as you may know, the fire department has to respond to any alarms at a dorm.

Just use your head on the candles. A couple should be fine. A bunch may cause problems.

24. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

fair enough, appreciate the advice. i'll grab a few small ones, a cheap lighter, and set the window cracked a tiny bit.

25. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

On the Victoria's Secret Pajamas-

I work at VS, If she saw "winter" pjs, they are probably the ones we sell at x-mas, and we don't always sell the same things, so she could be SOL.

We did just get a whole new comfort line in, go to your local store and check it out, and ask the girls for advice, they are all very helpful and most love their job. And she is 19 years old, the pj style she might be referring to is kinda old ladyish, a good VS line to go with is the VS Pink, its got really cute pjs for the college aged kids, and they are very very popular.

We get tons of guys in searching for gifts all the time, just go in and ask for help, they can get you want you need quickly and efficiantly without a lot of bullshit.