Birthcontrol control question....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by The1Ash10, Jul 25, 2005.

1. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

If she misses a day of birthcontrol could that increase the possibility of her getting pregnant even if she doubled up the next day?

2. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

3. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

?

4. comatose

comatose New Member

yeah, just because she takes two the next day doesn't mean she's cancelled the lack of bc the day before. If it were that easy, people would just take 21 BC pills the first day after their cycle and call it done.

5. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

Well I don't think it works under that much of an extreme, but all the directions/info she has on it says "if you miss one day, you should double up the next." But it does say that this is only the procedure for up three days at the most, and if more than three day is missed than you just have to start over the next month........ Just going off what I know about this.

6. comatose

comatose New Member

Ditto. That's why they tell you:

TAKE IT APPROXIMATELY THE SAME TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY

And so you're not thrown off schedule, the sugar pills too.

7. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

Although if she has been on it for the last three years would it not is a fairly safe bet that she, for the most part, is sterile enough that one day if missing her dosage would have minimal effects at best?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  8. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

if u miss one they recommend that u dont have sex for at least 7 days.. read the back of the darn pill box :)

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Each BC is different. Thats why they come with this little piece of paper that folds out into a freakin floor mat. Read it!

10. Josie

Josie New Member

There's many many many forms, and they all have their side effects.
    I get a hormone injection rather than taking a pill, eliminates forgetfulness etc.

11. teo

teo . => ? => !

Most likely, she's fine. My particular pills' leaflet says that missing one day is fine, and that if two days are missed to use a backup method of birth control for 7 days in addition to making up the missed pills.

12. Josie

Josie New Member

My mum had two kids on the pill. Remember the pill is not 100% even under normal circumstances.
    Never can be too safe.

13. Nikolette

Nikolette New Member

The sugar pills...aka placebos...are empty pills with no hormones which during that time u get ur period. Hypothetically if they have no hormones u dont have to take them, they include them in the pack so u remember what day ur on and stay on track. Ive been taking birth control pills for four years and never take the sugard pills...so u should follow on schedule all pills. Sugar pills dont matter.

14. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I think they were refering to the fact that if you take each of the sugar pills you'll remember to start the next pack on time. It does help most people to keep track of what day to restart. I used to just pop out a placebo each day rather than take them; basically the same concept. My mind gets used to the daily schedule of taking a pill, so when I was on the combo pills I popped out one a day so that my mind didn't freak out thinking I forgot a pill, or start thinking that I still had 7 days to go before a new pack rather than 4 (just examples). So following the same schedule (whether you take the placebos or just pop them out daily) helps to keep your mind on track & starting the new pack on schedule. :big grin: