Birth Controll and STD Questions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Drifter87, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

So my lady friend went on the Nuva Ring so we could bump uglies without a condom...

My question is how effective is it? Yes we talked about what if I get her prego and she said she would get an abortion without a doubt.

She got tested for STDs and is waiting for the results, I have an appointment setup to get my testing done in two weeks from now. I guess Im just nervous about it since I recently had surgery and on the waiver it said I could get HIV/AIDs from the surgery and after the surgery I had a pain in my penis (whenever I had to pee real bad) for about 2-3days after the surgery, but its gone now.

Any other advice is welcome too! :wavey:

2. kiri

kiri New Member

i use the nuva ring, and i'm looking at the little information page that came with it right now... it says "If nuvaring is used according to the directions, your chance of getting pregnant is about 1 to 2% a year. This means that, for every 100 women who use nuvaring for a year, one or two will become pregnant."

they compare it to 14% for condom alone and 5% for the pill.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I can't help but be annoyed when I read that you talk about the possibility of abortion so carelessly :squint:

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

:ugh:

it's a good thing to discuss before you bring the possibility into your lives.

5. panero

panero availability

I dont think aids makes your penis hurt.:rofl: and deff. not the next day after you get it.

6. Drifter87

I'm just being careful :dunno:, I bet they put catheter in me while I was on the table, I was having an appendectomy done...

Do you want a 10 page reason? I'm a guy who tries to be straight to the point. We (The girl and I) are both Pro Choice and we both agreed we do not want kids (especially since we arn't married), so if it happense, we will get an abortion done.

Cool thanks :), so it seems pretty effective then.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh I completely agree. I was more annoyed though that he makes her sound like a fuck buddy, and by the rest of his post just sounds like that guy that assumes her being on BC is going to make it impossible for them to get STD's or her get pregnant....and if she does who cares! She can get an abortion! It just sounded careless is all.

8. Aradia

Aradia New Member

^ditto.

Its more harmful than I think many people think.

Good you guys are being responsible about everything. Maybe your physical ailments are brought on from over imagination and anxiety? Don't sweat it. You'll know soon enough. Stressing out in the mean time wont change it if you do.

9. Drifter87

true and I have more important things to stress about... like finals :noes:

About the abortion thing, the chances of the BC failing and her getting pregnant seem really low... It is her body, so it is her decision.

10. fray

fray New Member

I assumed you just meant that you both don't want to get pregnant, you both are taking steps to avoid getting pregnant, so if that fails, you'll take the steps to make sure you have the baby you don't want. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I have a problem with it when people don't do anything to prevent pregnancy and then get abortions. I mean, it's their choice, but when it happens more than once? come on! get on the fucking pill!

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Not to make this into a debate, but would you rather him NOT discuss the possibility of pregnancy with his lady friend? I'd much rather have them both be open and honest about it BEFORE they get themselves into something they don't want (such as her wanting to keep an unwanted pregnancy and him wanting her to abort it). They ARE protecting themselves against pregnancy by her using Nuva Ring, what more do you want out of them?

To the original poster, you can also see the pregnancy sticky for effectiveness rates and more information about the different types of birth control out there.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

No no, that's what I later said. It's fine with me that they are pro choice, etc. I just though he sounded careless with the way he posted it. All I read it was as if he was saying "and if she gets pregnant, no big deal, we'll have an abortion!" I get a little nervous on that subject because I've heard of so many girls who got more than one abortion instead of just having safe sex.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How is that even relevant in this case? They are obviously having "safe" sex if she is going to be using Nuva Ring ;)

14. fray

fray New Member

All right ladies...time to calm down. i can't handle watching av's of an insane cat and an ultrasound fight.

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: I'm not fighting, simply making a point. :)

The baby always wins btw :wiggle: :rofl:

16. fray

fray New Member

i was going to say a cat and a fetus, but i didn't know if that would be upsetting. My maternal instincts are underdeveloped so I didn't know, but I didn't want to offend you. Would that have been over the top?

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Fetus is perfectly acceptable :)

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I agree. I was on it for a month and a couple of days and couldn't handle it anymore.

19. Drifter87

So far the Ring seems to be working out fine with her, she hasn't been complaining at all about it :dunno:

I have been reading everything I can about pregnancy, stds, birth controll, and abortions.

I'm sorry if I seem careless, an abortion is our last line of defense, I dunno how else to put it.