birth control

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Raj, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

I had a question about birth control, my so is on the pill and about 11 days after she started taking the pill we had sex without a condom to start, then finished up for the next 10-15 minutes in a condom...i dont have anything to worry about do i...another thing is how late is to late to take a pill i think the latest that she has taken a pill was 2 hours and 45 min late. Thats no big deal is it :dunno:

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

You're fine.

3. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

ok cool

4. Eris

Eris Yes please

I think the body's response to the pill varies. My ex and I stopped using condoms almost immediately after I had started on the pill. We never had a scare.

As for taking the pill "late" a few hours off the usual time, it shouldn't matter. Just as long as she takes it daily and roughly around the same time there shouldn't be any problems. Just be sure to use caution if she is ever on antibiotics as they do decreased the effectiveness of BC.

My ex and I relied on BC (be it the pill or the shot) w/o condoms for roughly 5 yrs. Again no scares.

5. THT

Decrease? More like nullify

6. Eris

Eris Yes please

LoL ...I'm just going off of the RPH says during consult.

Most girls who are on BC don't tell the MD when they ask if they're taking any medication. And if all your stuff isn't filled at the same Pharmacy the interaction won't show up and unless the Pharmacists asks.... they never get informed.

I was stupid enough to have unprotected sex while taking antibiotics and got lucky ... no scare. But not everyone is that fortunate. As a pharm tech you'd think I'd be more smart!

7. THT

Or smarter... j/p

8. Eris

Eris Yes please

Shh!!! :hsugh:

9. darkphetus

darkphetus OT Supporter

From what I know, it takes a month or two for the pill to become effective at preventing pregnancy. So waiting 11 days doesn't do much for you. :(

10. DetroitHitSquad

DetroitHitSquad New Member

11. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question of you, if you happen to stop back in here.

You said you were on the pill for 5 years without any scares. Does that mean that now you are no longer on the pill and have had no problem getting pregnant?

I ask because I have been thinking lately about the fact that I (like you) have had no scares. I have been on the pill for only about 3 years, but ... I'm starting to worry myself into thinking that there's something wrong with me and that's why I haven't had "scares." I dunno, just wanted to know how it was for you.

12. Eris

Eris Yes please

Well I am currently off of BC only b/c I stopped depo-provera and started on Yasmin and my body didn't react well to it.

I am not trying to get pregnant nor do I know if I am fertile. I know my ex was because he go this ex pregnant at 16 and has a son. And I do find it odd that I had gone so many years w/o a scare. I mean I did the unprotected sex while talking antibiotics as well as not taking the pill correctly (we had broken up and I had gotten careless with taking it and ended up gettin back together - then I switched to the shot where again there weren't any scares).

So I have wondered the samething about myself. If you're that concerned about it try talking with your OB/GYN. Everyone is different, that much I know. Some people take longer to conceive after stopping birth control. If you're still concerned you can always look into fertility testing.

13. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

your fine dont worry. 95% of the posters on here just worry a little to much ( I think its because they are all under 16 and dont even understand half of what they talk about )

14. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

I have heard the same thing.... My Gyno told me the pill takes about a month or 3 before your body adjusts. She said to still use a condom too although my SO and I do not. I let him cum inside me too. I have been on the pill since I was 20 and no prego scares yet...

15. Eris

Eris Yes please

I think the effectiveness and how long it takes your body to adjust are two different time frames ....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  16. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

Make sure you SO has the right kind of BC sometimes they work differently with some women. If your SO is over weight she needs a higher dose too

17. you need to wait untill she finishes her 1st pack of pills fully, starts her period and starts the second pack before you can have sex with out a condom and have the 99.9% effectivness that the pills provide. Everything else is just chance and that's just how it is.

18. <Dr. Drank>

<Dr. Drank> New Member

what about taking it 13 hours late?? :hsugh:

19. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

from the plannedparenthood.com site

"If you start the combination pill within five days after the start of your period, take the first active pill of the first pack. You will not need to use a back up method of birth control. You are protected against pregnancy immediately.

If you start the combination pill at any other time during your menstrual cycle, take the first active pill of the first pack. Use another method of birth control if you have vaginal intercourse during the first week of combination pill use — protection will begin after seven days.

You may start the progestin-only pill at any time. Use another method of birth control if you have vaginal intercourse during the first 48 hours of progestin-pill use — protection will begin after two days."