Birth Control

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ices, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ices

ices New Member

hello everyone. well, my girlfriend has been on birth control for a little over a week. she is always very precise about taking the pill at 5 PM give/take 5 minutes. however, a couple days ago, she was unable to until 6 15 PM. are there any extra precautions that i should take? thank you very much for any replies! :)

2. RockChick

RockChick New Member

i doubt that, i dont know exactly but one hour isnt that big of a deal!
    if it would be one day later... but one hour... meh!

3. meme

meme New Member

nah, if you read the directions that come with it, they recommend you take it about the same time each day. if you forget one day, take 2 the next day, the one you missed and that days.

the idea is to a keep a constant amount of a particular hormone in her blood to prevent ovulation.

and hour late, no biggee. miss a day, no biggee. this is my experience and i've had years of experience taking birth control :)

4. Trina

Trina New Member

I was on the pill for many years and this is a non-issue. There were times when I would take one every morning, then one morning I would forget and just take it in the afternoon, and then resume the normal schedule the following day. On birth control for over 7 years and no pregnancies.

5. weakone

weakone New Member

No biggie. As long as she's taking it every day, she should be fine.

6. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

If you do what "meme" said you stand a good chance of getting a low endometrium cell count on your next pap. The only test for is it surgery and its very expensive. With me being in the Medical field (Orthodontics), we learned a little about this birth control in a small class in med school. If your over 40 and your Endometrium count is low, there is a small chance (1/10000) that it could be cancer. But its still a chance. If I was a girl, I would never double up the next day as this is the PRIMARY cause for getting a low endometrium cell count. I am not sure all the specific facts about it, but I know that taking two pills in one day is NOT a good idea. Now, if memory serves me correctly, you can take them at anytime during the day/evening, just don't skip an entire day with it.

7. johndoe1999

johndoe1999 New Member

my gf is on the pill and she takes it around 5 everyday also.. and is pretty good about it.. she's taken it at 7 and as late as even 11pm. And I bust inside everytime. Its been over 2 years and I havent had any problems.. I think as long as she takes it regulary, there shouldnt be any problems...

8. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

I needed to read this thread. I've been a bit nervous since we stopped using condoms since she is on birth control, and she is never more then an hour late taking it, usually she is on time. So we should be ok? :hs:

9. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I would have waited more than a week after starting BC to stop teh use of condoms.

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

ummm, 1 in 10000?? that's like the odds that you'll get cancer in your life no matter what. in fact that's better than the odds are that you'll simply just get cancer in your life. (from 87-91 there were 390 per 100,000 people, or 39 per 10,000). doesnt sound that risky to me. what's riskier is NOT doubling that pill... and getting a baby.

11. Psychotic Beauty

Psychotic Beauty New Member

birth control takes a month to start working in the first place, as far as my knowledge

12. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Most BC pills are effective after 1 week. Most people wait 1 months full cycle just to be careful. If you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember, then take the one for that day at the regular time. You can also double up if that floats your boat(just might feel some nausea) and no it wont harm you, just always make every attempt to take it each day, dont use the option of takin it the next day as an out.