SRS birth control questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Nov 13, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Just wanted to get some perspective from the women of OT. My wife has been on birth control for about a month she is on Yaz. My wife has been having side effects from it though I dont think she has noticed the side effects or linked them to the birthcontrol yet. Since she has gone on it she has become a lot more irritable and her sex drive has gone down. I was talking to my friend who is also a guy about it and he said that his wife and some women go through a couple of birth control pills untill they find the right one for them.

Some people I ask tell me that she needs 2 - 3 months to adjust. I have been looking on line and the info is a bit confusing for me. Im hoping some one here can clairfy for me. I would idealy like my wife to be on something that doesnt affect her to much physically and doesnt drive me crazy so we can both be happy. A little frustrated here.

:wtc:

2. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I've been on and off many many many different types of birth control for the past 10 years. None of the hormonal ones work for me AT ALL. Side effects ranging from severe depression, anger, irritability, acne....the list goes on. Good luck finding one it can be one of the most frustrating experiences.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It sounds like its time for her to switch.

4. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

it does take a couple months to adjust to each new pill, and that one might not be the right pill for her.
    have her call her doctor and explain the side effects and see what the doc says. they may want to switch her now, or they may want to wait a few months to see how things progress

start keeping track of how she feels each week on the pill. if you track it over a few months, you can see a pattern and you will also have a lot of detail to tell the doctor so that they can help her get on a pill that hopefully doesnt have those same side effects

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

My wife went thru a few different pills too she just got off them after a while got tired of the side effects, so back to condoms :sad2:

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Shes really into the hormonal stuff but man its shitty. Im doing research now to see if she likes some alternative stuff. If need be I will do lamb skin condoms. I love my wife to death but since shes been on birth control she has turned into an epic bitch. Since she has gone on yaz

1. she has become an epic bitch
    2. super irritable and will flip out of no where
    3. doesnt like to be touched or kissed right at the third week of the month
    4. has mad back and muscle aches
    5. is always feeling shitty
    6. sex drive went to shit
    7. her acne has kicked in full blast.

On the yaz pills they give her like these placebo pills or some shit at the end of the month and since she has been taking them she has been progressively been getting better and becoming her old self.

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i had a friend on Yaz who reacted the same way. there are a million pills out there, she can call her doctor and switch. they wont ALL make her feel that way

8. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

Have you thought about a copper IUD? That is what I have, because I just can't do hormones.

9. johan

johan Active Member

This is actually one of the more common side effects of Yasmin. And it's entirely unnecessary.
    Talk to your doctor about changing to a different pill. One of the lower progesterone pills will likely be more suitable for her.

Don't give up, and realize these side effects are entirely dependent on the particular type of pill she's on.
    Get one that better suited for her, and these problems will be a distant memory.

And don't wait three months to go back to your family doctor. Do it tomorrow.

10. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

Use the method I and my ex wife used...pulling out :hsughno:

Horrible advice, but it worked for me :mamoru:

11. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah Im going to talk to her when she gets home from work about it. This shit is riddiculous and from what I have been seeing most people who do yaz have the same problem.

12. Lindsay Loham

Lindsay Loham New Member

This is what I'm looking into getting because I'm currently on Yasmin and lately it has been affecting me differently. I have NO sex drive, am irritable, and my skin has been breaking out more.

I would definitely talk to your wife about the copper IUD because there are no hormones in it and it is very effective.