birth control pill

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hitzchicky, Jan 3, 2007.

1. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

So I tried to intentionally skip my period this month so that I would be fully functional for New Year's by continuing on with the next pack of pills instead of stopping for a week. But I got it anyway. wtf? I thought that was supposed to work :squint:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Hmm, weird. Oh well, don't do that and have sex or you might be sorry...

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Doesnt work for everyone the same way....I personally, cannot skip my period by continuing another pack...I end up making things far worse and will spot for the next 2 weeks anyway. It doesnt hurt to try. You have a far better chance of skipping your period when on a monophasic BC, versus a Triphasic, though it is still possible.

As long as you have continued to take your pills are usual, you are not at any higher risker for pregnancy regardless of your bleeding/spotting.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

From my experience (and what I've heard) its one of those things your body has to get used to. Lets say you try to skip your period this month and continue on to the next pill pack, but you still spot. The next month, you do the same thing, but you might spot less. I think its about keeping a steady ammount of hormones in your body, or something like that. I'm on depo, and for a little while when I first got on it, every few months I would spot, but after I had been on it for longer, I dont spot or get my period at all.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Doesn't work for my body. I just spot for a week and then get my period and then tis screwed up my whole monthly schedule for 2 months after.
    I'm gonna ask my doc to try me on Seasonale. I'm hating my current bc and I'm wanting to go back on a monophasic pill... old bat put me ona triphasic thinking it'd be better.

So just talk to your doc and see what'swhat.