Birth Control patch

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Grass, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grass

Grass New Member

my girlfriend asked me to post this on OT

gf: ask if anybody/anybodys gf
    gf: wears the patch and ask where they put it when they wear it
    gf: cause i need to find a good spot where it doesnt fall off

2. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I thought there were only like 5 spots where you could wear it anyways? I think it was the arm, shoulder, abdomen, hip, and butt. Of those options, I would say that the worst place to put it would be on your butt, hip, and abdomen because those are all points where alot of movement occurs and seams/etc are likely to rub. Someone I know had mentioned that they stick pretty good, but I've never used it because all I can think of are band-aids & how they get sticky/linty around the edge & fall off all the time lol. Why not tell her to try it in a different spot each week to see which one works best? I realize she probably just wants to know off the batt where a good spot is so she doesn't have to worry about it falling off each week b/c of bad placement, but that's the best advice I could offer.

3. Big Red

Big Red New Member

i was on it for a while and hated it, bc it would come up around the edges adn when it does that you are supposed to replace it. You are suppossed to alternate it each week. And wherever i would put it, it would itch and drive me crazy.

4. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

I was on it for over a year and plan on going back on it when I get back on insurance. It works great, even if it does come up a little at the edges, it doesn't mean you have to replace it. You are supposed to replace it if it comes more than 50% off, which it almost never does until you PULL it off. Yeah it is kinda like a bandade, but it sticks better than one. I've always alternated between sides of my lower abdomen, where I wear my pants, and it never came off, yeah it got lint around it, but never came off with all the movement and rubbing of the edge of the pants. If you don't have any itchy allergic reactions, it works pretty much anywhere were there is a good blood supply (aka: nowhere on arms or legs), and you're told not to wear on your chest, not sure why but thats what I was told. If she is truely concernd about it, she should talk to a proffesional.

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

MANY threads have been posted about this... :rolleyes: please do a search!

6. FireIce

FireIce New Member

I had that same problem. I was only on the patch for a few months bc I didn't like it. It hurt like hell when I took it off. Plus I didn't like the fact that it was visible. I usually put mine on my lower abdomen, inside my hipbone. I alternated sides each week.

7. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Sorry, havent been around all weekend...closing as a major repost. :wavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.