Birth control options?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by wallydog11, Nov 3, 2006.

1. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

So my GF and I have been having sex for about a month now, and she isn't on any kind of birth control yet.

The problem is that she can't swallow pills...doesn't matter how small the pill is, her whole life she has had this problem..when she needs to take a pill, she'll crush it up and drink it with orange juice or something.

She was on the patch for about a month with one of her ex's...but she says she doesn't want to go on that again unless she has to, because it gave her really bad mood swings and made her sick, so she went off of that.

Don't think she wants to take the shot because of the problems we've read about and the weight gain.

what other options are there for us if any? right now i've been doing the condom+pull out, but i still get nervous everytime...

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

iud, nuva ring,

have her talk to her gyno about her potions

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ Potions?

I like the patch. Nothing to remember each day (only once a week), no pills to swallow, etc. But if it messed her up then she should stay away from it.

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

oops

Options

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Damn. I thought there were magic bc potions :big grin:

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rofl: You're not the only one!

PE is right, she needs to talk to her doctor about it.

7. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

I use the deop shot, and the weight gain is only for people who can't control their weight in the first place. I'm skinny, and have stayed skinny with the depo. The shot is so great, and I'd recommend it to everyone. You don't have to think about anything, nothing daily or weekly or monthly to remember...hardly any room for error.

8. buriedtreasure

buriedtreasure New Member

They now have chewable birth control. Get your girl to ask her doctor about it. My best friend takes it and I'll be more than happy to find out the name of it if you PM me a reminder.

9. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

hell, not to go old school but girls on the pill have less of sex drive... stuff knocks on their hormones or whatnot. Worth it to go on the pill or likewise substance for a girl with abnormally high sex drive but just wrap your tool if you got an average chick.

with My current partner shes tried the pill and got her done maybe twice or 3 times a month, if that. Off the pill wrapping it up, that much a week. Could just be my chick though. Less fun each time but hands down a ton more booty overall. You want 6 or a half-dozen? up to you

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Mirena IUD > *

My wife loves it. Not only does she not have to worry about a pill, or a baby, for 5 years, but she also has little no no bleeding during her cycle. She also doesnt have hormones going wild, although mirena does excrete small amounts of hormones, it is nothing compared to the pill or other forms of hormonal BC.

BTW, IUD is the most effective form of birthcontrol. You are less likely to get pregnant with an IUD, than you are if you have your tubes tied (tubal ligation).

Mirena is around $500 but if you cant afford it they have a program where the help you financially, or you can even set up a payment plan directly through Mirena.

11. fray

fray New Member

Disagree. I gained 15 pounds when I went on it. Was skinny before, am still skinny now (and it was in high school, so maybe it was just a growing up thing), but still put on some weight. I bled for a year straight on it too. Some people lose their periods completely, some don't. I also got incredibly dry and lost my sex drive (that could've been due to the guy I was dating at the time though).

Worked with a girl who got super bad legs cramps for a week after getting the shot. Not sure why that was.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Someone should invent a potion :mamoru:

13. Cracked

Cracked New Member

in on a potion

14. Cracked

Cracked New Member

my chicks sister is on the nuva ring, havent talked to her about it though