Birth Control Experiences

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by strykers, May 13, 2007.

1. strykers

strykers Antimember

I'm considering switching from using condoms to birth control such as the patch or the pill. I already read the birth control sticky and I've read up on info about the different types of contraception... I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their own positive or negative experiences, especially with the pill...

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Effects depend on the specific pill and specfic person. Each pill has different chemicals in it and people will react to those in different ways. Your best bet is to sit down with your doctor and ask him/her about it as they should know at least a little about your medical history and can offer advice based on that.

BTW, don't give up using condoms unless you're in a committed relationship. Pills don't do anything to prevent STDs.

FWIW, the Ortho Tricyclen pill worked out well for me.

3. x24

x24 Nudes not available

I've tried alot of birth control pills. It took me forever to find one that didn't make me an emotinal wreck. Everyone reacts differently though.

Oh btw.. alot of the low dose pills (Tri-Cyclen low,the patch, etc..) have been recalled because of the failure rate. May want to stay away from those.

4. ladiik3

ladiik3 New Member

dont use the patch they arent supposed to offer it as a bc anymore.
    ive used loestrin and it was great but expensive

then again wat biirth control isnt

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i hear the patch isn't good for women now

I've been looking into BC now and I'm opting for the Implanon; it's an implant of 5 little rods into your arm that lasts for 5 years. they've done test and only one woman got pregant out of like 1,000 who used it within the 5 years of testing it out..so I'm sold on that alone

it's expensive cause you pay up front (but if u have health insurance, they will reimburse you) but the pay off is well worth it imo

6. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

It's definitely a good call to switch to the pill with no condoms - as long as you're both clean. The pill is more effective and sex is much more enjoyable without condoms.

7. jesskasubercool

jesskasubercool Jesska.

like others have said you will react differently with anything you take. but for the whole, using on BC and no condoms i feel is a dumb idea. because there are a lot of std's that they can't even detect in men. and unless you are willing to take that risk then use a condom. for example... there is NO test for men for hpv. and herpes simplex type 2 has a 80% false negative, meaning you SO could have it and the test says he doesn't. i used those as an example because you have them for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. just think it through before you make a solid decision.

8. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Ive been on BC for 10 yrs now...tried the patch, pill, ring....pill has always been my preferred method of hormonal BC, with no major, intolerable side effects.

9. ladiik3

ladiik3 New Member

Does anyone have any comments about the shot??