Bird crap left a mark in the paint!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by torchC5, Jun 25, 2004.

1. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

It had probably been baking on the hood for a couple of hours before I noticed it. When I washed it off I noticed that the area that it was on had left a hazy mark on it. It looks like the acid in the droppings had really penetrated the paint:mad: ! Is there anyway I can fix this without repainting it or is it a permanent mark. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Poorboys makes a great cleaner for getting bird crap off cars. I don't have any personal experience with it but I've heard great things about it. If that doesn't work, try a good wax job.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

He already got the shit off the car, that product won't help.

Try a light polish, if it doesn't work, go heavier. If polish doesn't do anything, you'll need bodyshop work.

4. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

Thanks for the tip;) . I was planning on detailing my car in the next month so hopefully that will erase that mark. The paint is still smooth, it's just when you look at that particular area in a certain light that you can see the damage.

:cool:

5. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

I've got some Meguiars polish that I'm going to try on it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the paint has a cracked or etched look, there is a pretty good chance you won't be able to remove the damage completely without repainting.

Best thing you can do in the future is not park under trees, phone wires, etc. Any place birds can stop and rest above your vehicle is a spot to avoid if at all possible. You should also carry a clean microfiber towel and quick detail spray so you can get the bird crap off the instant you notice it.

7. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

I've got the towel and soap in the trunk:bigthumb: . I only noticed the crap when I was leaving work. I have to park outside so I don't really have a choice. I never park under trees:nono: .