Bios help needed

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by casull, Dec 18, 2004.

1. casull

casull New Member

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I'm trying to install the bios on my asus k8v se deluxe. The instructions, as far as I could tell, said to put AFUDOS and the bios file on a floppy. Then it was talking about entering something when given a DOS prompt... but I never get a DOS prompt... When I boot up is says Fastrack 378 version 1.00.0.37, then it says no devices are connected to fastrack... then it goes to
    a screen the just has the american megatrends header and says cpu fan error (because my cpu fan doesn't run through the mobo) and then says press f1 to resume. when I press that, it says
    Reboot and select boot device or
    put bootable media into boot device and press any key.
    the current boot order is:
    1.Floppy
    2.HDD
    3.optical drive

What do I do at this point?
    [/font]

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

You have to create a BOOT DISK. Format the floopy through Windows and check off "Create MS-DOS Boot Disk". You can also go to bootdisk.com and download one of the DOS boot utilities. After formatting the floopy using the BOOT DISK option, copy all files you need to flash the BIOS to the floopy. Restart the computer, go into your BIOS settings and choose first boot device as floopy. Stick the floopy in the drive and you should be good to go.

3. casull

casull New Member

K, I have Win2kpro, I know in XP there's an option to create a boot disk, but where is it in my OS? I would use something from that site, but the only floppy I have is screwed up and only reports 1.38 mb of capacity, slightly too small to fit one of those boot disk files on it.

edit: I think I need several floppies. I can get them tonight, so I think I'm good until then, unless there's a way to do it with one.

4. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

You only need one floopy. They're cheap anyway so it doesn't matter. The option to create BOOT DISk can be found in your MY COMPUTER thing. Right click on 3 1/2 Floopy and go to Format.

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter