Bioperine Burn?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by antiabercrombie, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

My fiancée started taking GNC's X12 (Bioperine supplement) and complained that her stomach/chest felt like it was on fire when she took it.

I tried one, and within 20 minutes, I felt what she was talking about. I didn't see any warnings or anything on the bottle, like the typical ones you see on weightloss/thermogenic pills, so what causes that tingly burn?

Here's the info on it:

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings Per Container: 45

Amount Per Serving % DV

Niacin 20.00 mg 100%

Proprietary Thermogenic Blend (Caffeine Anhydrous Capsimax™ Capsicum Fruit Extract Bioperine® Black Pepper Extract) 23834.00 mg

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965534&cp&kw=x12&origkw=x12&sr=1

2. spizarxxx

spizarxxx DSLR, GSD, DJ CREW & OT's Resident On Air Personal

thats your problem... take some pepto bismal

3. antiabercrombie

So it's basically heartburn? The "Capsicum Extract" made me wonder if that's what it was, but thought I'd be better off making sure.

Thanks. :bigthumb:

4. macro

macro New Member

a lot of people cannot tolerate pepper extract, which seems to be the entire basis for this product. Of which this is two pepper (capsicum and black pepper) extracts. formulators not the sharpest tools in the shed over at GNC. the burning sensation is more likely due to capsicum (which is another, not black, pepper extract)

return it, there are a lot better options

5. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Niacin will also cause you to have hot flash type symptoms so be careful in dosages above 100mg.

6. antiabercrombie

I started taking a couple more of them to see if it would get better, and it didn't. It got so bad, I thought I was going to vomit.

I use some pretty hot sauces on food I eat, so I don't think it's just the capsicum in there.

It's going back to the store tomorrow, because neither of us really care for it.

7. antiabercrombie

Any suggestions?

I liked the Jet Fuel and Venom I took, but is there anything better?

8. macro

macro New Member

Thermorexin
    EC stack (pure ephedrine and caffeine)

jet fuel is a basic SYC stack (similar to tight and others), though generally reccomend against products that contain guggulsterones (as they are not male friendly- anti-androgens and progestins).

Thermorexin is an SMYC stack (metabolically its more potent- stimwise- really varies on user response)- though it does not contain guggulsterones.

while on the the subject, its quite disturbing that companies are aware of the issues presented by guggul (and their complete lack of effectiveness with respect to thyroid and cholesterol), yet they have not changed the formulas. Its been several years since this information became widely available, so they really dont have any excuse (its not like they are selling stock thats over 3 years old and have not run any since). Whats perhaps more troubling is that they know that most consumers have no idea about it, and because the progestenic binding does cause sweating and increases in peripheral temperature (you feel hot) they use that to basically trick the consumer.

9. antiabercrombie

What about Leviathan Reloaded from Palo Alto Labs?

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=6352

10. macro

macro New Member

tribulus is worthless for fat loss and testosterone production.

9mg of yohimbine is a lot for most people (though depends on tolerance- for many people that dose is highly anxiogenic).

Not particularly impressed with the hordenine/pea stack either. The dopa bean is decent (its just l-dopa but it can help with appetite- though it also can be anxiogenic)---

many of the ingredients are obscure or improperly named so really cant comment on them

11. :|

:| Guest

you missed the capsicum

12. antiabercrombie

I found the Thermorexin, but where's the EC?

13. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

you wont find pure ephedrine in the US, it's been banned by the FDA. It's still available in a couple OTC forms (most popular being Bronkaid).

I'd recommend the internet for both caffeine and Bronkaid seeing as you can buy larger quantities at a cheaper price than you would be able to over the counter (24 Bronkaid capsules for $15 bucks at my local pharmacy, 60 capsules for $10 at amazon.com).

14. macro

macro New Member

pure ephedrine hcl (without adulterants) is still available in some states. bronkaid and formulas are still pure ephedrine hcl (they are just adulterated with guaifenesin- in increasing amounts these days, often 12.5mg to 400mg).

you can also get pure ephedrine hcl from canada.

ephedrine is legal, the dosage forms are regulated by the states some allowing pure ephedrine others requiring adulteration with guaifenesin

15. NUDES

NUDES New Member

macro is the bronkaid just as "effective" as pure eph? i picked some up and dodnt notice shit like i used to from eph, but maybe its cuz im a stim whore now and also heavier.

16. antiabercrombie

I'm pretty ignorant about ephedrine, but will look into it.

I've seen other people on here, and other boards, talk about it for weightloss, but have never looked into it.

Thanks for the info, though. :bigthumb:

17. macro

macro New Member

guaifenesin is an adrenergic blocker, so yes it can mute the stim effects. the longer acting version of guaifenesin is used as an anaesthetic in animal surgery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.