Biometric Fingerprint readers... and the programs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dabman, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Dabman

Dabman New Member

My laptop came with an Authentec fingerprint reader built in, and it came with softex omnipass software to use it, which seems to suck balls for me. Anyone else have the authentec reader and use a different interface with it? I want something that just logs me onto the computer and saves my internet password websites, nothing to complicated. Anyone have any ideas? I have also used the microsoft fingerprint reader, which had a much better interface, but obviously it doesnt recognize the authentec version. If anyone uses other software, lemme know.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

My mother has a computer that uses OmniPass, and it's always worked fine. I don't know what brand of fingerprint reader it uses, though. I do know that the software took some doing to set up properly, but it didn't "suck balls", per se.

3. Dabman

Dabman New Member

its just slow as hell. i dont even use it for internet passwords, because the diolog box takes like 5 minutes to show up, and it takes like 3 more to register. and im not on a crappy computer by any means...

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Have you gone to OmniPass' website to see if they have a new version of the software?